What's new
What's new

Summit 16x60 engine lathe FS, current design with Fagor DRO..loaded

Milacron,
Sorry for resurrecting this post, but what did you think of this machine? Reason I ask is I’m looking at a new one currently. Guy I work for wants to replace our worn out machine. He likes the specs of the Summit 16-3. Been trying like hell to find some decent feedback about these machines and haven’t found much - short of the commonly vague “they suck” or “they were good… 30 years ago.”
Any insight is appreciated!

Milacron,
Sorry for resurrecting this post, but what did you think of this machine? Reason I ask is I’m looking at a new one currently. Guy I work for wants to replace our worn out machine. He likes the specs of the Summit 16-3. Been trying like hell to find some decent feedback about these machines and haven’t found much - short of the commonly vague “they suck” or “they were good… 30 years ago.”
Any insight is appreciated!

Our local machinery rebuilder mentioned the new models are not that good. He had to rip the cross slide apart after one year to fix several issues from the factory.

That seems to be the trend on what little information I could find on them. Which is really unfortunate, because they look like they would be a really hardy machine. The extra features are appealing too. But, none of that shit matters if the machine is broke down. Thanks for the insight!

Back