What's new
What's new

Texas craigslist monarch 10ee

jerholz

Cast Iron
This was just re-posted (I saw it a few weeks ago) in Dallas CL. It’s in West, Tx, which is actually more in central Texas. No relation to seller. I tried cut and paste on the page, but the picture didn’t copy.

Monarch lathe - $5500 (west) hide this posting
image 1 of 6

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

10ee tool room lathe. Converted to electronic dc drive. Have rebuilt drive still in the box. ($2500) value. Has some tooling and collets. Machine does not run , but everything is there to make it run. Call or text for more information.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6903253346 posted: 18 days ago updated: about an hour ago email to friend

Hey, at least the perennially missing taper attachment bed bracket is included.:) Hardly ever see those. That is a dirty lathe though.

Wow...that's the ugliest "late model" 10ee I've ever seen. Bad housekeeping in Texas I guess.. :ack2:

Texas? Be fair.

Why... I know a guy in South Carolina as sold a far dirtier HBX-360-BC at a lesser-price ... apparently because he didn't have time nor inclination to CLEAN it.

:)

The Control Techniques "Mentor II" drive family - released 1998, and "superseded" a while back - are feature rich enough. M25 still needs external contactors for reversing, resistors for braking.

M25R (Regenerative or "4 Quadrant") does not need anything external but some wire and a few fuses.

Manual is here;

http://www.elsaweb.it/joomla/images/stories/manuals/Manual_ControlTechniques_MentorII_EN_Issue13.pdf

Right-decent drives.

CAVEAT: Require 3-Phase input. Only. Can't fudge them with de-rating like a VFD.

Last edited:
Posting the pictures so that they will stay once the post is taken down.

Steve

Attachments

• Monarch10eeTX (1).jpg
    Monarch10eeTX (1).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 467
  • Monarch10eeTX (3).jpg
    Monarch10eeTX (3).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 511
  • Monarch10eeTX (4).jpg
    Monarch10eeTX (4).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 477
  • Monarch10eeTX (5).jpg
    Monarch10eeTX (5).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 518
  • Monarch10eeTX (6).jpg
    Monarch10eeTX (6).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 716
I actually had purchased a Mill from that seller lol - nice fellas

They build fire trucks and do not do a whole lot of machining; I bet that lathe has been sitting in a corner for ever and a day!

Looks to have been sold - wonder what the final price was !?! They gave me a pretty decent discount from the asking price on the mill :D

Small world! Can you get in contact with them? The post on CL is gone... Wondering what happened to the lathe...

Just a heads up - a local place in British Columbia (Canada) is selling off a few Monarch EE and some other very clean machine equipment (American Pacemaker etc.). With the way the Canadian dollar is right now, if any of our southern brothers in the US are looking for a machine this might help.

MONARCH Lathe – Lenmark Industries Ltd

Not to hijack a thread, but I thought the information might be relevant to the topic of this thread.

Just a heads up - a local place in British Columbia (Canada) is selling off a few Monarch EE and some other very clean machine equipment (American Pacemaker etc.). With the way the Canadian dollar is right now, if any of our southern brothers in the US are looking for a machine this might help.

MONARCH Lathe – Lenmark Industries Ltd

Not to hijack a thread, but I thought the information might be relevant to the topic of this thread.

Priced as they are they will be for sale for a long time.

Wow, that place has some good lathes but I agree their prices are completely nuts! Plus the way the pics are taken and the machine specs listed, it seems like they have little idea of what they actually have in many cases.

I picked up a 10hp air compressor off them a while back - they will bargain quite a bit on the prices I am betting. The prices are high, but you know what its like when someone drops the Monarch label.... lol.

Back