What's new
What's new

Tos kurim fnk25

ihavenofish

Cast Iron
my shop is being torn down for condos and we've been given no meaningful notice. sigh. after figuring out what to do, it seems i cant take my TOS manual mill with me sadly.

its a kneemill, like a Bridgeport, but much bigger and heavier
asking $3999 cdn
local pickup in downtown Toronto only, BY DEC 31

ill post more pictures tonight.
someone give it a good home please :)
image-20160609_204100.jpg

I had one of those mills. Very close to being the same as my Elliott.
I sold it to a local farmer a few years ago. Last year he had a fire, that destroyed the mill and a lathe that he bought from me.
Not to looking to argue.....but it had the 30 taper spindle with the same size table that you posted.

He may possibly be interested in yours. My question is.... are you able to load the machine?

Dave

I had one of those mills. Very close to being the same as my Elliott.
I sold it to a local farmer a few years ago. Last year he had a fire, that destroyed the mill and a lathe that he bought from me.
Not to looking to argue.....but it had the 30 taper spindle with the same size table that you posted.

He may possibly be interested in yours. My question is.... are you able to load the machine?

Dave

hi, its 40 taper din2080 (metric threads), i have 1 er40 chuuck in it, with some collets. and some 14mm t slot nuts. even the littlest deckel clone tos fn20's were 40 taper. maybe 30 taper was some sort of rare option. ive seen one listed as R8 as well, but it may have been a mis print. in any case, mine is defintely 100% 40 taper

anyhow, i have truck level dock, and ground level bay. we have no forklift that can lift it, but if you have a vehicle that can dock level, we can push it into a truck or trailer on a pallet jack. keep in mind it is of course 3800 lbs, and would need a sturdy truck/trailer.

thanks

Yeah sorry, I meant it takes 3/8"-16 t-nuts rather than 1/2". Stout machine regardless.

ahhhh, ok. 14mm would be m12, or 1/2". I had to special order the nuts cause no one stocks metric, that was annoying, haha. conveniently my gerardi vise takes m12 bolts that line up with the t slots. that vise is on one of my brothers now though (for now, until I can justify an orange).

well, this was sold, but it fell through. So, its still here, for a few more days anyway if anyone would like it.

Come on and give it a good home! :)

so, if someone can come take this by thursday (possibly friday morning) they can have it for $2500.

come one,you know you need a TOS :)

in terms of loading it, if you bring a dock level truck, 4 people can push it into the truck (slight incline). this is what we just did with my 2 brothers machines, which weigh a similar amount.

Back