What's new
What's new

Traub TLN 26 2006 swiss with 2006 FMB MODEL TURBO 5-42 Barfeed

pmtool

Cast Iron
Purchased this at an auction along with another CNC machine I wanted today. This one I bought on more of a whim as the price was cheap and it will finish off a truck load and I have been pushing myself to increase automation in my shop. Before I deal with rigging and shipping and that headache I thought I would see if anyone closer by was interested. Sold as is where is. Indianapolis, Indiana. Machine will be about $1k to put on a truck according to the rigger. You would pay this in addition to the machine price.

I was not on site so I don't know a ton about the machine.

Will bring in and use it if it does not get any interest.

Looking to get 12k for the pair.

I am assuming that it works but no guarantees as anyone who has purchased at an auction knows.

See links.

{ Group of lots: 710, 711 } 2006 TRAUB TNL-26 SWISS TYPE CNC SCREW MACHINE; TX-8I CONTROL, COLLE

{ Group of lots: 710, 711 } 2006 FMB MODEL TURBO 5-42/4200/C MAGAZINE BAR FEED; S/N 66-111943

Contact information [email protected] Canton,OH let’s talk.

Purchased this at an auction along with another CNC machine I wanted today. This one I bought on more of a whim as the price was cheap and it will finish off a truck load and I have been pushing myself to increase automation in my shop. Before I deal with rigging and shipping and that headache I thought I would see if anyone closer by was interested. Sold as is where is. Indianapolis, Indiana. Machine will be about $1k to put on a truck according to the rigger. You would pay this in addition to the machine price.

I was not on site so I don't know a ton about the machine.

Will bring in and use it if it does not get any interest.

Looking to get 12k for the pair.

I am assuming that it works but no guarantees as anyone who has purchased at an auction knows.

See links.

{ Group of lots: 710, 711 } 2006 TRAUB TNL-26 SWISS TYPE CNC SCREW MACHINE; TX-8I CONTROL, COLLE

{ Group of lots: 710, 711 } 2006 FMB MODEL TURBO 5-42/4200/C MAGAZINE BAR FEED; S/N 66-111943

Contact me at above email please.

To be clear I bought it at the original auction for less than I am asking. They are still onsite in Indianapolis. Originally bought it with the intention of using it and will still if there is no interest but also purchased another machine in the same auction that is a little more in my comfort zone. I am a little worried about Traub support out here on the west coast. Looks like they are much more common in the Midwest. Still looking into that.

If it is a good fit for someone and I make a few bucks and don't have to deal with it, win win.

So I am seeing if anyone wants to buy it from me and pick it up in Indiana. Rigger lists $850 to disconnect everything, drain oil etc. and load on a truck. It is a big project so purchaser would have to work with riggers time frame.

I'll pay the $1k rigger fee if nobody else steps up. Not meaning to be rude, but if you're risking storage fees just let me know. I thought the Fadal guy nearby would take me up on the same offer last year but he found some guy to take it off his hands. Hope you can do the same!

I have no problems moving it. Just seeing if I could make some quick $ with little effort off the deal. Looking like I am going to bring it in my shop and see if I can't find some work to fit it as well as shift some of the smaller parts I run on to it. Embarrassingly simple parts for machine like this but still would run faster and in a single operation. I talked a dealer who specialized swiss and high productivity lathes and they figured they could probably sell it consignment off my floor with no tooling for 2 or 3 times what I was asking here assuming it is under power and working. Will go that route if I don't utilize it enough to justify the crazy floor space it takes up. So no way I am selling it for rigging fees :)

If it's any help, PMtool is a great person to deal with. Stand up guy, Knows his stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a machine from him.

I don't know anything about Traub machines but a little Googling tells me that price is so ridiculously cheap it sends up red flags. The pictures aren't good enough to make much out. I hope someone didn't cannibalize it to keep it's neighbor running. Knowing other brands of Swiss of the age with the bells and whistles that thing has I would think that machine in nice running condition with a bar feed would bring at least $40k.

It was an interesting auction. I just watched online. Huge shop. Popular brands such as Hardinge, Okuma and Mazak went for decent money. For example Hardinge GT style gang tool lathes from mid 2000's going for 25000 or so, hell even a bunch of old omniturn type hardinge convertions went for more than anything I bought because they are familiar and easy to move and get parts for. I think the Traubs are oddball enough in the US that no one was familiar with them. They have their own control, mitsubishi based but their own front end. The plant was huge and had lots of high production lathes like Indexes(now same company as Traub) as well as a bunch of older non cnc screw machines Even a bunch of real high production stuff like Hydromat rotary transfer machines. Those went for real money. I have noticed for a while that used single spindle swiss style machines often go cheap at auction so I put a low bid and got it.

I am keeping it now, at least for the time being. I purchased another Traub machine there as well. Little older. 1998 4 axis fixed headstock TNA 400 machine standard single turret 2.5 bar capacity ( c and y) with live tooling. That machine I bought for $2250 with a LNS Servo barfeed.... I have another machine that has the same VDI 40 tools but no Y axis and always run it to parts that I could do complete if only I had a Y.

The swiss I purchased for less than 5k with its barfeed. The auctioneer seemed honest with other machines sold as "not operational" So i have pretty good reason to believe that they will be in ok working condition. You never know, as but that is part of the gamble of being frugal like me. Plus I enjoy working on machines. I figure in both cases I bought the lathes for the price of the used barfeeder. So if I end up parting them out I wont be out anything.

In the end the freight and rigging will be more than the machines.

Probably end up like a used German car. Great when working but overly complicated and expensive to maintain.

So anyway, no longer for sale at this time as I have already arranged a truck to get them out west.

Good luck if that thing runs good or you can fix on the cheap you can turn quite a handsome profit.

Back