What's new
What's new

FS 5 kw Taylor Winfield induction heater

gbent

Diamond
I bought it for a tig torch cooler and to play with the electronics. I found a proper tig torch cooler. I looked at the electronics and thought I might learn some lessons, Darwin style. It was supposed to be operating when I bought it. The PO was using it to silver solder sights on shotgun slug barrels. It is a tube type unit. It has been stored inside, unheated for several years. No guarantees.

$120 on an oversize skid and delivered to Fastenal, $60 picked up. Would deliver if you are someplace I need to go (or want to go anyway).

induction heater.jpginduction heater 2.jpg

Last edited:
I bought it for a tig torch cooler and to play with the electronics. I found a proper tig torch cooler. I looked at the electronics and thought I might learn some lessons, Darwin style. It was supposed to be operating when I bought it. The PO was using it to silver solder sights on shotgun slug barrels. It is a tube type unit. It has been stored inside, unheated for several years. No guarantees.

$120 on an oversize skid and delivered to Fastenal, $60 picked up. Would deliver if you are someplace I need to go (or want to go anyway).

You have any details like power requirements, tube element type and availability, frequency, etc?

The tube is a CTL (now owned by L3) F6400. Another label suggests there are additional characters unreadable, and ending in "N". It is a 450 KHZ machine.

I will happily buy it. I'm on vacation this week, but can pick it up next.. PM sent

Still kicken, if the tide carries me away I will try and let you know.. mother earth can be witch but she hasn't won yet

Back