What's new
What's new

Various Machines for sale - Index Mill, Moore Jig Bore, Drill Presses, Hardinge, etc

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
A friend with a salvage business recently acquired a load of machinery. He'd rather see it go back to being used than see it melted down and I've offered to post it here and answer questions for him, as he has no knowledge of machinery. He's not looking for top dollar, but won't be robbed either. I'll get more details as I have time to go over there and sift through, but took some pics to gauge interest for him. There is a fork truck and crane in the building so loading isn't a problem. The Moore unfortunately got disassembled for removal through a doorway, but all the parts are there. You will have to put the top back on it. It has loads of tooling with it, as well and the whole thing can likely be had for what the tooling would sell for alone. Index mill looks to be in decent shape. Taft Pierce grinder is OLD, no chuck. Hardinge looks in pretty good shape. I'd have taken it if I hadn't just bought a lathe. There's other/more stuff and I'll get to it later. Shipping is available, but COMPLETELY your responsibility. He'll have no stomach for involvement with that, save collecting the money. I'll post more later if there's interest. Pics can be seen here.

Do you know condition on the Index mill? Price? I'm on the west coast of Wisconsin so its only 3 1/2 hrs to Mil. area.

Ed.

I did not "inspect" it as I would have had I been looking to purchase it, but when
I walked by it and took the pics it sure looked pretty damned good for "Scrap".

If you're looking for backlash values and way wear, I have no idea.
But if you are seriously wanting to drive over I would be willing to go look at it more closely in the interest of helping both of you.

Disclaimer I should have put in the original post -

I make nothing from this. Not money, nor goods.

This guy is a SAINT with a heart of gold so I just want to help him while also helping someone
else get a decent machine for the money and saving it from being melted at the same time.

img_0351_595.jpg

I would be interested in looking at it. Do you remember what spindle taper it has? Size of table? If you or he would like to call try the shop at 608 six seven five 3325 days. Thanks.

Ed

I'd be interested in checking out the Hardinge, and I'm very close. Maybe PM me a phone number and some times that might work to check it out.

Alan

I would be interested in looking at it. Do you remember what spindle taper it has? Size of table? If you or he would like to call try the shop at 608 six seven five 3325 days. Thanks. Ed

Likely R8 as I saw a small rack of R8 collets there, too and no other machine there uses them. Table looked to be the 50" style. I'll check both later today.

This is a long shot since I'm a ways away and don't have a lot of money to work with. But, I don't have a surface grinder and there are times when it would ace some operations. Any idea of acceptable price for the Taft Pierce?

Zhanrad: Could you please PM me your friends number or give him my number ?
My number is 828-644-3713 Your PM box is full from all these guys jumping on the deal, so I had to roll like this.

Yeah... it's blowing up now... apologies. I'll PM you right after this. You'll deal with me until money changes hands. Then you deal with him.

The reason is that he knows nothing about machines but I do.
So it doesn't make sense to ask him details that he's gonna have to call and ask me
so I can drive over there to figure out and then tell him so he can call you back and tell you.

Thanks.

No, you are still first in line. I simply was not able to get over there last night as when I finally had a chance it was too late. I plan on going over there either today or tomorrow. Due to the more than expected response, people should just write me instead of PMing me. My PM box keeps blowing up. I can be reached at WJR at The Gear Maker (all one, no spaces) and followed by a dotcom. Thanks.

Email received.

ADH2000 - I sent a PM - You are first in line on the DV-59.
Let me know how you would like to proceed. Email would be best.

TGTool - I'm honestly not sure yet. Make an offer. I have to find out what it's worth to know what a "really good" price would be. It's much nicer than I originally thought. To be frank, when I looked it over a few hours ago, I thought that if noone wanted it I would take it myself.

Geardoc - email me. It's easier that way. Email was posted earlier.

eTekTool - email responded to. You're in line.

GZig - replied to as well.

All other emails responded to as well.

I still have to get more pics up.
There's finger brakes, jump shears, vises, something like 5 or 6 Procunier style tapping heads, and more I haven't gotten to yet.

Keep checking the gallery.

Thanks all.

P.S. - if anyone knows what a Taft Pierce (I think it's a number 1) surface grinder ballparks for, please let me know
so we can come up with a fair price for TGTool. I'm looking right now, but if it saves time for everyone, all the better...

Kinda surprised that with something like 40 emails that not one has shown interest in the Moore Jog Bore. Even disassembled. Maybe I should part out it and the tooling?

Okay, haven't heard back from Alan/ADH2000 since then so I'm moving on to next in line on the Hardinge DV-59. Geardoc, you're up! I'll write you in a little bit...

Hmmmm... with no reply from Geardoc or ADH2000 I'm starting to wonder if there's an issue with my email...

I don't know, is two days enough to wait for someone to reaffirm interest? If so, It'll be gmoushon's turn for the DV-59.

Back