Wanted High quality toolroom lathe-Midwest - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any suggestions to prove my credibility? I included company/contact info, and a link to view the machines on our website in my PM.
    -In my case, none of the scammers provided anything beyond the specs of the machine I was after (copied and pasted straight off the company website) and refused to provide anything more than a general location. (One was "West Virginia", another, "Texas".) No company name, no cell phone, no website, etc. Just kept pushing me to pay, "we'll get the rest sorted out later".

The scammers are hit-and-run. It takes hundreds or even thousands of attempts to get one sucker to "bite", so they're not going to waste time doing detailed personal replies.

If you've got a legit website, a company that can be easily found by a quick search, legit phone numbers, etc. you're set.

Doc.

2. Likes Sean7Liberty liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
    Careful. I got no fewer than four scammers in response to a "want ad" here on PM. All were new members with single-digit post counts.

Doc.
    Careful is my middle name, LOL. Just for humor I was seeing where the post went

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a fully refurbished Monarch 10" EE Lathe for sale. Currently in California, although, delivery options available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-dec-18-12-27-00-pm.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ims-eng.net View Post
    i have a fully refurbished monarch 10" ee lathe for sale. Currently in california, although, delivery options available.
    how much ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maine
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a very nice Hardinge HLV-H, SN just under 5000 (probably 1976 build). English scales and gearbox. Very clean, very well taken care of. Purchased from a PM member that replaced many parts and PROPERLY repainted it using pro grade catalyzed machine paint.

It has Acu-Rite scales and an old Anilam Wizard Lathe display. Very nicely converted to VFD operation including a tiny VFD for the motor that actuates the variable speed drive. It operates off 208V+ single phase.

I make parts for imaging lenses and easily hold 0.01mm (0.0004 in).

I am currently in Biddeford, ME but need to be out of my workshop space on Nov 30. I am planning to truck all my equipment and store it in South Bend, IN.

Like any caring owner of a fine machine tool I'm not keen to sell. But I will consider a fair offer. Honestly it is hard for me to even type this. So if you're willing to spend a bit more to buy a machine from someone who really took care of it, please get in touch.

Below is a photo during the time when I briefly had the pleasure of owning both the HLV-H and a Schaublin 102N.

schaubin_and_hardinge_1080sq.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Dakota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good day, I have two type 53 schaublin milling available and two schaublin lathe for sale , 135 and 160 , if any one is interested my email is
    [email protected]. thanks