drom68

Cast Iron
Looking for a hollow spindle lathe with 10" thru hole. No smaller
Bed length: 120" minimum
Threading: Standard and Metric
Condition: Good to excellent
Chuck: 4-jaw chuck on each end of headstock
Speed: 500rpm or higher
Location: Prefer east coast near PA, but can arrange shipping if located further
Price/Budget: Appropriate price point for what is available. Not looking for new, and not looking for beat up scrap.
Loading: It would be ideal if loading is readily available.

Feel free to reach out and share information on one that is available. I will ask for detailed pics and video of it running.

Thanks

Location: Prefer east coast near PA, but can arrange shipping if located further
Price/Budget: Appropriate price point for what is available. Not looking for new, and not looking for beat up scrap.

Feel free to reach out and share information on one that is available. I will ask for detailed pics and video of it running.

Thanks

I just bought a 25p dean smith and grace there are a few around, or were a few months ago. Mine was a good sound machine I did have to do a few things to it half nuts, couple air leaks, chuck screw
but dsg and pratt burnerd are still in business and will get you parts in a reasonable time.
There were a couple in Canada for sale. A 25p and a 30p
Good luck

Thanks for all the good info and links. If anyone come across a candidate please reach out. I am looking to purchase sooner rather than later.

I've got a 10" thru hole Libby turret lathe for about scrap price. The bed is shorter than you want though.

Thanks

How much money doo you plan on spending ?

Well.... The plan is the least amount as possible. I am looking that the Weiler E90 series with a 14.5" bore. There are several available.

It's like pulling teeth with you.

$5k max ? your dreaming.
$25k max ? maybe something "good".

There is NO way I'm gonna ask around to my contacts for you, if you have unreal expectations.

If you see "several available" why ask here ?

It's like pulling teeth with you.

$5k max ? your dreaming.
$25k max ? maybe something "good".

There is NO way I'm gonna ask around to my contacts for you, if you have unreal expectations.

If you see "several available" why ask here ?

PM sent. After searching I have come across several candidates. Others have PM'd me and I appreciate all the help. There has been a change in what is wanted.... What is needed is different and that is one of the reasons I am not posting a price point at this time.

What are you going to use the machine for?
There are several classes of these machine.
Kind of like the difference between a summit and a Monarch or Powerturn.
Peterson in casa grande has a couple hollow spindle machines I think 1 is a leblond.
Stan Canada had a very nice dsg 25p but it's a bit pricey unless you are going to use it everyday and want a 95% machine.
I can't find the dealer name but in Houston there is a 30p in pretty good condition wasn't a bad price for the machine.
Good luck

Back