What's new
What's new

Wanted : Myford MG12 cylindrical grinder, manual feed model would be fine

Laurentian

Stainless
Looking for a Myford MG12 in Canada or North East USA let me know what you have thanks ! 514-817-7232 Hugh

Bought the smallest one they made with the auto crossfeed trip option. Year 1963 locally in rough shape. All of the the WW2 gestapo tech. electricals have been ripped out and now installing new motors and with lighted push button contactor / starters. Very well thought out machine that rides on cross slide needle bearings and has counterweight off center pivot axis.

Divide your quoted price by roughly 10 as it was barely running basement junk. Will have another 2K into once done but the iron is in great shape and the smaller than Myford footprint is what we needed to fit our crowded shop.

The only MG12 I came across having searched past couple years are on ebay from 2500 to 15000 or dealer and in USA. We're in Canada so add another 2500 to get it up here once all is said and done. There was a nice late model green hyd. version in Toronto at auction last year but I didn't even follow. I think it went for around 5K + auction fes and rigging. Had I of had the room for it I would of pulled trigger.

Back