What's new
What's new

WTB: Allen Gang Drill heads

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
This is quite a long shot, but we have an old Allen 4 head gang drill that years ago was retrofitted with 3 Royal 18" drill press heads. Those heads are showing some wear and before I delve into rebuilding them, I'm wondering if I can find 4 original Allen heads to go back on our base. I'm open to anything that has an 18" swing.

SO, if someone see's one of these machines in a field or on a scrap pile, let me know. I'd also be interested in the old coolant tank too.

The other more likely scenario will see this rig on the scrap pile and replaced with one in better shape.... but one can dream.:crazy:
Royal gangdrill 3.jpg
Old pic from our old shop, but this is what we have,

Yep, I emailed them. They asked for serial numbers (long gone with the original heads), but I got the impression that beyond parts support, they aren't set up to build new machines and new heads are kinda borderline between the 2 fields.

I thought maybe they had a boneyard of used heads.

If you go to the Garage Journal forum and contact member Strouty he just removed 2 heads from a 4 head machine and might want to sell. Bill

The motors are integral, so it’s not easy to deal with rotten insulation on an ancient motor. Kinda looks like a C-Face motor, but it’s not.

Or the pulleys have suffered from prybars moving the belts around.

And if those gotchas don’t apply, Allen had many variations and options.

Good luck.

Back