What's new
What's new

WTB: Benchtop Drill press (german, swiss, swedish, etc)

BHolcombe

Aluminum
Looking for a nice bench top drill press, and certainly prefer European manufactures. Please send me a PM if you have one and are interested in selling it.

I'm located in NJ and willing to travel or have it shipped.

Thank you
Brian

Is there a problem with the older Walker Turner dp’s. Frequently come up for sale and the ones with the slow speed countershaft are esp nice. Won’t sell mine!

L7

I have a German benchtop drill press that I would sell. The maker is G. Boley (Boley Brothers in English). It is a small sensitive drill with a stationary head that takes 8 mm WW collets and the table rises with a lever control. The largest drill chuck normally used with such a machine would be a Jacobs 1A (1/4" capacity), but it can be equipped with a Jacobs 0 or Albrecht 1/16"or1/8" chucks.

Larry

Hi Larry,

I'm still looking for a general purpose machine, but I'll send you a PM on that one also.

Best Regards
Brian

FWIW, I have a pristine Solberga I removed from a drill table that had three of them....but I installed a tapping machine where this one was, so now it is for sale.

[email protected]

solberga1.jpg solberga2.jpg solberga3.jpg

It does not have the downfeed handle with wormwheel (If someone has one laying around......)
So not suited for milling
Jig drilling machine I call it

Peter

right, I didn't notice it missing at first, now it looks quite bare...

does it have a quill lock though? is it part of the worm feed or is it the black knob opposite side of the drilling handle?

right, I didn't notice it missing at first, now it looks quite bare...

does it have a quill lock though? is it part of the worm feed or is it the black knob opposite side of the drilling handle?

Black knob on the left is the quill lock yes
So you could do some milling with it I suppose

Peter

That’s awesome, gorgeous machine.

I’m looking more for something like a Flott TB13+ Or similar.

They are seemingly difficult to find in the US

There was a small Flott benchtop drill press like that over here in Wisconsin about 1.5-2 years ago, iirc it was brand new and seller wanted $1500.

You'll have to buy from Europe if you want a used benchtop Flott or Alzmetall, cause those are unheard of over here.
Shipping prices quoted by Peter is reasonable.

I’ve found plenty of freestanding Alzmetall but not the little ones.

Sounds good to me, a used one from Europe would be fine I just can’t get any sellers to respond to me if I inquire through machinio, etc.

That one in Wisconsin, if anyone knows the seller and if he still has it, I’ll certainly buy it.

I’ve found plenty of freestanding Alzmetall but not the little ones.

Sounds good to me, a used one from Europe would be fine I just can’t get any sellers to respond to me if I inquire through machinio, etc.

That one in Wisconsin, if anyone knows the seller and if he still has it, I’ll certainly buy it.

I was searching my computer to see if I saved his info, but no luck.

By the way, Aciera also made benchtop drill presses. There is also the German brand Ixion, but can't find a manufacturer website for them.

Back