What's new
What's new

WTB: Brother TC-S2C-O

andybgood

Plastic
I can’t seem to find a lead on one. Please let me know if you know of one for sale or soon to be listed. A previous model I was committing to just got bought before I could inspect it.

Thanks

I think you will have more luck finding a TC-S2D-O or a S700. The S2C was like a one year model for some reason. Do you need the larger travel of the O model too?

Hi Frank. This will be my first CNC mill and will be using it for prototyping in my garage. I am hoping to find the cheaper of the B00 control models. I almost bought a s2b-0 with good options for a good price, but after letting them know Yamazen was going to inspect it, they told me another salesman sold it that day. Bad luck I guess or something else. If I can’t find one, I’ll just wait and save more for a s2dn.

The TC-S2B machines have the A00 control. S2C and S2D machines have B00 and Speedios have C00. Can you use the 500mm X axis machines or do you need the 700mm X travel (-O machines)? What is your budget? I come across machines from time to time and know of several that could be available.

I definitely am looking for a 700mm travel machine. Thanks for all the info; I read most of the brother threads over the last month or so and your info has been very helpful. Right now, my budget is in the low to mid 20’s and will increase with time. I’m trying to remain debt-free on this side project for now.

I definitely am looking for a 700mm travel machine. Thanks for all the info; I read most of the brother threads over the last month or so and your info has been very helpful. Right now, my budget is in the low to mid 20’s and will increase with time. I’m trying to remain debt-free on this side project for now.

Got it. I will keep you in mind if I come across something nice with the 700mm X. You've got to watch out for many of the machines from the mid-west. Often they were in 24/7 type mfg situations and will need a lot of refurbishing or worse. 10 years could equal 30 years on some of those. Machines from the West typically are used in job shops with much less hours and wear and tear on them.

Back