What's new
What's new

WTB Brown and Sharpe 599-1021 gauge amplifier

DrKnow65

Plastic
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a B&S gauge amplifier and a gauge or two. The priority being the amplifier.

I have been looking for some time and have even purchased a 1020 but it is inop.
I am endeavoring to repair it as I have some electrical experience and a home EE lab,
but without a working model to refer to or a schematic to work from my chances for success are limited.
In the mean time I am searching high and low for a 1021 and have cash to go towards it.

Not looking for a hand out, willing to pay a fair price.
Can work with a unit that needs batteries, has a broken switch, even a bad potentiometer as I have a 1020 for spare parts...

I would appreciate any offers or even leads as to where one may be obtained.

Thanks either way,
Jeff

Mid March 2022 I'm still hoping to find a 1021.

Had one person respond, but they were scamming...

If anyone has one or even knows someone who might be willing to part with theirs, I'm all ears.

Jeff

I might be even if he's not; I picked up an amp with a gage head here that someone was giving away for shipping but the amp was made by a French outfit and apparently is only compatible with a certain specific obsolete gage head... Which of course isn't the one I've got (more modern LVDT). What are you asking Mike?

Mid March 2022 I'm still hoping to find a 1021.

Had one person respond, but they were scamming...

If anyone has one or even knows someone who might be willing to part with theirs, I'm all ears.

Jeff

What is wrong with your 1021? I have a 1020 and 1022 and could probably help if you want.

I don't have a 1021, just the 1020. The 1020 was DOA when I received it, but managed to get it 99% functional by recapping it and working out some contact issues out from the range selector button switches. I updated the battery (li-ion) and worked up a charger that I could adjust to the correct voltage to keep it plugged in 24/7.

Just hunting the 599-1021 to have an analog meter that will do the single sixth digit for gauge block and lapping work.

I do wish someone with a 1021 and a 1020 could illuminate what changes were made to get the extra resolution... maybe a mod was/is possible?

I wish I had the time and resources to just design the analog LVDT circuit amplifier to cobble one together from scratch.
There is IMHO still a need for analog fast response gauge heads.

What are you asking Mike?

Let me make sure it works and see what a new power cord will cost as the original is missing. Sounds like you need the gage head, but if you do I might have an extra. I'll PM you with condition, a picture, and a price in a day or two.

Mike

Back