What's new
What's new

Wtb clausing or rockwell small milling machine

JRivera

Aluminum
Title says it all . in the ( CA ) LA area willing to drive a few hours . I can take care of shipping if needed . Thanks for the help .

You might also consider broadening the search to include Millrite. Doesn't take up much more space than the Clausing or Rockwell but is, IMO, a somewhat more capable machine. The Millrite is available with longer travels, avoids rigidity problems with the round ram common to those other two, and has a simple and decent spindle design.

You might also consider broadening the search to include Millrite. Doesn't take up much more space than the Clausing or Rockwell but is, IMO, a somewhat more capable machine. The Millrite is available with longer travels, avoids rigidity problems with the round ram common to those other two, and has a simple and decent spindle design.

Agreed. I have considerable time on both the Clausing and Millrite. Both are capable of good work but the Millrites usually have R8 collets, which are not the greatest but are far better than the #2 Morse Taper ones on the Clausings. There were a few Millrites made with 30 NTMB spindles, which is better than the other two.

Bill

I’m open to a mill rite as well , found one but guy is asking way to much ! Wants $2500. Googled the address and it’s a scrap yard . And the motor was changed out .

Assuming it's in good shape, you might show the scrap yard guy the only two "sold" Ebay listings have been $1200 or under. He'll sell it for what he can; but that might eventually be $1200 or less.

One really well equipped could be worth $2500 IMO if a 30 taper spindle, power feed, long travel table, some tooling, very good condition, maybe already VFD powered as well as the pulleys, etc.

It’s not on good shape . I offered dide $1000 for it . Which is more than fair , but some people just know more about the stuff than we do . Haha ... I sell tooling for a living . So the tooling for the machine is no issue what so ever . I have no problem paying a good amount for a good machine . I come across Bridgeport’s all the time for under $3000. But I’m limited to space . And I don’t want to get rid of any of my lista stuff haha

Back