What's new
What's new

WTB - Deckel or a Universal Mill Like It

Lkline

Plastic
Hello! I posted on the Euromill subforum about a week or two ago and all I got was crickets, so I figure I might as well post here too. I would like to buy a Deckel FP2, But I know they are very hard to find. So I am open to a FP1 or a FP3. Heck I am even open to buying a universal mill made by another company in this size range..

I am not looking for a project mill, but it also doesn't need to have perfect paint. I just want something that is tight and is ready to be used. So If you have something for sale or know of someone that has something for sale, please let me know. Thanks for your time and help.

Lawson

[email protected]

Unfortunately no help, but a sad story.

We had a very nice Deckel in the model shop at Honeywell when I worked there; not sure which model, but it was beautiful, had a ton of accessories with it, and it was almost never used during my five years in the shop.

A few years after I left in 1986 and started my own shop, Honeywell had an auction for employees only; I had my brother bid for me, but the Deckel went to a former modelmaker who had gone into engineering.

He immediately put it in his barn, and never even powered it up.
Last time I saw him and asked about the machine, he told me that mice had attacked the wiring and done a number on it.

Heartbraking..

You will find many Deckels for sale on machineseeker.com from many different dealers. Best way to go for Deckel is to buy from a reputable dealer in Europe and have it shipped. Trying to find quality machine is USA is very difficult and not much choice. The ultimate would be to buy a refurbished machine from Singer or from FPS in Germany. Or if you really want to splurge you can buy a brand new Deckel clone from FPS (that's what I did).

Hello! I posted on the Euromill subforum about a week or two ago and all I got was crickets, so I figure I might as well post here too. I would like to buy a Deckel FP2, But I know they are very hard to find. So I am open to a FP1 or a FP3. Heck I am even open to buying a universal mill made by another company in this size range..

I am not looking for a project mill, but it also doesn't need to have perfect paint. I just want something that is tight and is ready to be used. So If you have something for sale or know of someone that has something for sale, please let me know.

Emco FB-4 Deckel style milling machine | eBay

Thanks for all the help! Machineseeker is definitely a great place to look. BUT it's hard to pull the trigger on something used on the other side of the world. So I am still looking...

I have an FP5NC I should sell, but it just looks so cocky sitting in the corner over here... I havn't put power to it since I bought it, honestly, I just found it somewhat local and had to have it... If you are interested in something that big, maybe shoot me a private message? It was pretty good shape, but I dinged up the sheet metal a touch unloading it. Just cosmetic but :-(

You can actually see it holding a guitar behind me in my avitar...
20181224_195345.jpg

-Parker

Back