What's new
What's new

WTB Devlieg 2b-36 or?

Mebfab

Diamond
Going to start the new shop in about a month. Time to start looking fora few large machines. Anyone with a devlieg 2b-36 or possibly larger? Might consider a boring mill with outboard with 48" or slightly larger table as well. At some point a Bullard and an openside planer. But one step at a time.

A 2B is a great machine ..... I have a bit larger Devlieg I’d like to sell it’s a 3H-72, only problem is I’m in Utah.
but if this sounds interesting to you please contact me , it will include angle plates and spindle tooling.
cheers Don

Going to start the new shop in about a month. Time to start looking fora few large machines. Anyone with a devlieg 2b-36 or possibly larger? Might consider a boring mill with outboard with 48" or slightly larger table as well. At some point a Bullard and an openside planer. But one step at a time.

Here's a couple, don't know anything about the sellers!

detroit metro tools "devlieg" - craigslist

Good luck!

Kevin

Wow. That 3H48 in Detroit is give away cheap with all its tooling. But condition is everything. DeVliegs are soft way machines. And its a small enough machine it can be moved intact. If you go this route, there is a hole through the column and counterweight for a bar. Align the holes, insert the bar, and raise the head to put weight on the bar to keep the counterweight supported and locked in place.

Looks like the X axis way covers are missing and have been for a while. But, as far as Devliegs go, that's a pretty new machine.

Back