What's new
What's new

WTB : EMCO toolpost grinder

pongo

Plastic
Looking for an Emco toolpost grinder similar to the picture shown below. If anyone has a lead and/or one they are parting with please send me a PM. Thank you!

IMG_3156.jpg

If he doesn't bite, Bob, can I post that on a mailing list for Emco Lathes?

Because that is a bargoon!

I'd be all over it, but sold my Super 11 last year. And bought a grinder that I expect will surpass my needs.

If he doesn't bite, Bob, can I post that on a mailing list for Emco Lathes?

Because that is a bargoon!

I'd be all over it, but sold my Super 11 last year. And bought a grinder that I expect will surpass my needs.

Thanks... I guess

Contacted Bob, but still waiting on pictures to make sure it is what I am looking for and what is missing as he mentioned it isn't all there. Bob, if you read this you have a PM from me.

I have met Bob on a couple occasions. He travels a lot between Stateside and Canada, and I am pretty sure I saw him mention that he was going to be on the road soon.

Keep the faith, he's a decent guy to deal with, In My Experiences!

I have met Bob on a couple occasions. He travels a lot between Stateside and Canada, and I am pretty sure I saw him mention that he was going to be on the road soon.

That's good to hear - thank you. There are two other people I have talked with so far... one had the 50hz 220 motor which I'd prefer to avoid... the other is out of the country right now and says will get back to me when he is home. So, as of now, I guess I am still looking, but Bob sounds promising if we can come to an agreement.

New to this forum and sounds like you've made some deals here a few times. Is it safe to assume PayPal using G&S (so both parties are protected) is the norm as far as payment goes? I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it any other way so hopefully that is what everyone on here typically uses.

New to this forum and sounds like you've made some deals here a few times. Is it safe to assume PayPal using G&S (so both parties are protected) is the norm as far as payment goes? I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it any other way so hopefully that is what everyone on here typically uses.

Dude, I've sent cash in recycled Christmas cards, among other methods,and never had a guy here screw me. I have actually had someone who was pretty obviously a scammer, have a go at me too, but, obvious scammer was obvious!

Most of the guys take Paypal, usually on the Friends and Family plan, but if you cover the difference...3 percent or so, they will take about any method.

Postal Money orders work best for some. As does Elecronic Money Transfers (EMT). Some folks here are pretty good with "just hang an envelope with my name on it, on a tree, and it'll reach me".

You gotta go with what the seller is happy with.

I'll put in the good word for Bob. Had no troubles in the deals we made!

Dude, I've sent cash in recycled Christmas cards, among other methods,and never had a guy here screw me. I have actually had someone who was pretty obviously a scammer, have a go at me too, but, obvious scammer was obvious!

Most of the guys take Paypal, usually on the Friends and Family plan, but if you cover the difference...3 percent or so, they will take about any method.

Postal Money orders work best for some. As does Elecronic Money Transfers (EMT). Some folks here are pretty good with "just hang an envelope with my name on it, on a tree, and it'll reach me".

You gotta go with what the seller is happy with.

I'll put in the good word for Bob. Had no troubles in the deals we made!

Good deal - thanks

Don’t have a dog in the fight but have done well over 50 deals on here never been burned yet. I don’t like PayPal I prefer a good check, even had a guy or two send green cash!!

Just wanted to publicly say thank you to Bob. We were able to make a deal and it was delivered today. Everything smooth and quick and he was great to deal with.

With that said, if anyone has a grinding arbour attachment please get ahold of me. Bob was missing it and I am going to try and find one before making it. I am attaching some pictures of what I am looking for. It is reference SOD 000 050 in the parts list and #5 in the diagram.

263317889_2414451062023077_2244343385541939853_n.jpg
262856455_2414452938689556_1307906979050662657_n.jpg

There was an active Emco mailing list/forum, that used to be on Yahoo Groups, but has transferred over to Groups.io, IIRC.
One of the members is an Austrian IIRC, and he has acted as a go between with the current version of the Company, to try to get folks set up with odd parts that are still in inventory.

[email protected] | Home
Subscribe: [email protected]

You are seeking the arbor for the stone? I'd say make one from brass or free machining steel, mount a stone on it, and make yourself a couple of them with a hardened and ground finish, so you can mount and balance multiple stones, so you can easily switch types or grits, etc. It barely takes much extra time to make multiples once you are set up to make one, eh?

There was an active Emco mailing list/forum, that used to be on Yahoo Groups, but has transferred over to Groups.io, IIRC.
One of the members is an Austrian IIRC, and he has acted as a go between with the current version of the Company, to try to get folks set up with odd parts that are still in inventory.

[email protected] | Home
Subscribe: [email protected]

You are seeking the arbor for the stone? I'd say make one from brass or free machining steel, mount a stone on it, and make yourself a couple of them with a hardened and ground finish, so you can mount and balance multiple stones, so you can easily switch types or grits, etc. It barely takes much extra time to make multiples once you are set up to make one, eh?

Just trying to find one first before something is made. It is the arbor for the grinding wheel - you can check it out in the diagram I posted.

I'll check out the groups.io and try to make a post there as well. I've contacted quite a few people already and so far no luck on it.

Back