What's new
What's new

Moore 1&1/2 Measuring Machine for sale SE Michigan.

NateA2

Cast Iron
I have/continue to own several Moore Measuring Machines. I have decided to keep one, and sell the other 1&1/2MM

Have geometry report.

The machine is not perfect, but is quite nice. Tan in color.

Asking 1,000.00 OBO.

These Machines are exceptionally rare, and I am hoping to find a good home for this one.

This machine was one of two that were acquired directly from Moore Tools 2 years ago.

Please t_ext if you are interested seven three fooour Eighhht threeee Fourr nineetean eigty onne.

I have/continue to own several Moore Measuring Machines. I have decided to keep one, and sell the other 1&1/2MM

Have geometry report.

The machine is not perfect, but is quite nice. Tan in color.

Asking 1,000.00 OBO.

These Machines are exceptionally rare, and I am hoping to find a good home for this one.

This machine was one of two that were acquired directly from Moore Tools 2 years ago.

Please t_ext if you are interested seven three fooour Eighhht threeee Fourr nineetean eigty onne.

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, I did some googling, read some threads here on PM, but still have a question, are these machines meant only for metrology of parts, or are they actually meant to machine parts with?

That's probably a really stupid question, but all I saw were references to the metrology aspect, even though it's clearly built like the other jig machines Moore made, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility (to me at least, from what little I know of Moore) for them to have built a machine strictly for metrology with all the capabilities and on the same "platform" as the aforementioned machines.

If, they are meant to be used for machining, are they still mostly for drilling/boring, or milling also?

You're far away but man I have Moore fever right now, not sure how sick I am yet.... Guess it'll depend on the answers.

You're far away but man I have Moore fever right now, not sure how sick I am yet.... Guess it'll depend on the answers.

They are only used as metrology machines. Think early CMM. IIRC, they were produced to 1/2 the tolerance error of the jig bore machines. The entire head is different than a jig bore.

If you truly have Moore fever, you need to buy the trilogy of Moore books. They have good information about the measuring machines. The books are: Precision Hole Location (long out of print, but available used); Holes, Contours, and Surfaces; and Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy.

They are only used as metrology machines. Think early CMM. IIRC, they were produced to 1/2 the tolerance error of the jig bore machines. The entire head is different than a jig bore.

If you truly have Moore fever, you need to buy the trilogy of Moore books. They have good information about the measuring machines. The books are: Precision Hole Location (long out of print, but available used); Holes, Contours, and Surfaces; and Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy.

Thanks gbent, I've heard mention of the last book, but not the others, I'll track them down!

Not interested in buying it but VERY interested in the machine! Like most here I never get tired of looking at photos of these machines, true works of art.

I have seen this fine machine in person and hope it finds a nice home. I have only one photo of it. I'm sure this doesn't capture the tan color correctly, due to the mixed light and my eyes. Click on the image for larger sizes.

Could you better define nice but not perfect? The 1.5 has soft ways and very little wear or abuse pretty well negates the whole purpose of the machine.

Back