What's new
What's new

WTB Hardinge Sjogren 5C speed chuck with D1-6 mount

hornluv

Aluminum
I am looking for a Hardinge Sjogren 5C chuck with a D1-6 spindle mount. The sales pamphlets say such a beast exists, but I haven't been able to find one with the D1-6. There are a lot of 2J chucks out there, but I want to stick with 5C for price and availability reasons. Plus, I already have a metric ass ton of 5C emergency collets made up for repeat parts from my old lathe. Does anyone have one they can part with? The ones on eBay with other spindle mounts seem to be in the $350 to $400 range, so I guess that's my budget.

Thanks,
Stuart

Is there a reason you would not accept a flat-back version and stick it on a D1-6 adapter? It should be plenty rigid in that size mount. Flat-back Sjogren 5Cs should be more prevalent than D1-6 direct-mount versions. I have a flat back 5C on a D1-3 mount, which works a fine, but it is not for sale.

Well sure, I'd do that too. There just don't seem to be any of those on eBay either. BTW, I just realized that I should have put this in the Tooling section. Can I get it moved or should I just repost it?

Back