What's new
What's new

WTB high end SMALL jig bore northwest usa

Phil in Montana

Stainless
Moving to smaller shop,sold the big Fosdick, now I am looking for a real good Moore #3 with tooling or a SIP in the same footprint. I want ex condx machine well tooled, Thanks Phil Missoula, Mt PM me please

Moving to smaller shop,sold the big Fosdick, now I am looking for a real good Moore #3 with tooling or a SIP in the same footprint. I want ex condx machine well tooled, Thanks Phil Missoula, Mt PM me please

Is Carmel Valley CA too far to travel? I have a friend with a nice small Linley jig bore with a variable speed motor drive & motor.
Full set of collets, direct reading to tenths, nice small machine.

Denver Machine Tool has both a SIP
And Mitsui don't know how much
Frank is asking but they have been
There a long time am
Bob

Need to watch the cost of bearings, they are 62mm OD Barden for replacement 2 pairs angular contact, under Moore special modified pre load, that is 2 times standard heavy pre load for the nose pair.
The Bearings begin to get warm or hot when at the end of their shorter then normal life. The Quill should stay pretty cool running full speed for 20 minutes extended. If the quill gets to warm, it wont retract into the tight fit spindle housing.
Bearing replacement, requires the actual load in pounds be applied to each bearing inner race and the deflection measured, and then the bearings spacers ground to length for the custom pre load.

I've bought a few machines from Jerry. No complaints, he seems like a decent guy but isn't a machinist so may not know the ins and out of every machine.

I've got a SIP MP-1h with a bunch of tooling. Might be too small for you. 8 x 8" work area $2000.00 boxed up and delivered to common carrier

Yes a bit small, after a lot of looking I like the SIP a little beter than the Moore, 14 x20 with a height of 16-18 is around the size I need...Phil

Back