WTB K&T Model H dividing head - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynah View Post
    Here's a K&T H here in Maine.
    If it's who I think it is he's a member on PM.
    He also states pick-up only but it may be worth a try.

    Kearny Trecker Dividing Head and Tailstock - tools - by owner - sale
    Thank you! I'll try but I think shipping is gonna kill that deal. I was hoping for at or under $600 shipped, but that might be a pipe dream with the price of K&T dividing heads. That one seems to be in amazing condition

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenworldforge View Post
    Thank you! I'll try but I think shipping is gonna kill that deal. I was hoping for at or under $600 shipped, but that might be a pipe dream with the price of K&T dividing heads. That one seems to be in amazing condition
    well,mine would suit your price range!-pat

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    459
    Likes (Received)
    3620

    Default

    A difference between K&T and B&S dividing heads is the drive end. When facing the spindle the K&T goes on the right side, and the B&S goes on the left.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pat pounden View Post
    well,mine would suit your price range!-pat
    I'd put that dividing head up for sale on the forum or craiglist if you're looking to sell, sadly I'm only in the market for a K&T model H dividing head. They came with my machine from factory, and they fit perfectly on my machine. They have an output to turn them using the leadscrew for making helical gears, and I like their design over B&S heads (K&T heads seem a lot sturdier) but thank you for the consideration

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Almost forgot to say- 30calshooter should be sending me a dividing head in the next month or so for a damn good price. Won't have all the accessories so if you'd like to sell me plates, a tailstock or a center let me know. Otherwise, thank you all for helping me and for responding

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbent View Post
    I've got a 10" model K. No tailstock, 50 taper spindle, both standard plates (double sided) for $600.
    gbent,
    Still have that 10” DH?
    Im interested👍🏻
    ty

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    459
    Likes (Received)
    3620

    Default

    Yes, I do.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbent View Post
    Yes, I do.
    Great,
    Any chance you could post or send me a couple pics?
    5:1 ratio?
    Thanks

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    143
    Likes (Received)
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenworldforge View Post
    Almost forgot to say- 30calshooter should be sending me a dividing head in the next month or so for a damn good price. Won't have all the accessories so if you'd like to sell me plates, a tailstock or a center let me know. Otherwise, thank you all for helping me and for responding
    I have a small pile of Model H plates sitting around I don’t need. Some are highly used and some are in good to decent shape. I’m in the middle of pulling power to the new welder so I’ll need a few days to dig thru and sort my doubles.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    459
    Likes (Received)
    3620

    Default

    Here are some photos. 5 to 1 on the index crank, 40 to 1 on the table drive.
    k-t-dividing-head.jpg k-t-dividing-head-2.jpg k-t-dividing-head-3.jpg

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1798
    Likes (Received)
    1026

    Default

    What's the difference between the model K and H heads?

    I have a K&T 2H plain that I've been wanting to get a dividing head for eventually. Same with my Cincinnati 2L.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbent View Post
    Here are some photos. 5 to 1 on the index crank, 40 to 1 on the table drive.
    k-t-dividing-head.jpg k-t-dividing-head-2.jpg k-t-dividing-head-3.jpg
    Yep gbent,
    Thats what im lookin for. Lets make a deal👍🏻

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    I have a small pile of Model H plates sitting around I don’t need. Some are highly used and some are in good to decent shape. I’m in the middle of pulling power to the new welder so I’ll need a few days to dig thru and sort my doubles.
    I'll let you know which plates I need when it gets here in a week or 2, thank you for letting me know! Glad I checked the forum again

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Recieved a Model H dividing head today! Thank you Jim

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    I have a no. 3 index plate, it'll do most of the divisions I want but I'd like the others if you have em

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    1,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    46
    Likes (Received)
    208

    Default

    I have a conventional change gear box and all the gears for it up here on Vancouver Island.
    I sold the mill and kept the DH and change gear box. I may use the DH but won't be able to use the gear box.
    It works well as I used it to mill a new drive roller for my 20" wood planer and it came out perfectly even with the old worn out mill.

    Shipping would be the catch given the border and the situation right now is not great for trying to find a ride.
    We are not that far away so a ride is a good option.

    I was thinking $400 US dollars would convince me to sell.

    MM

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M. Moore View Post
    I have a conventional change gear box and all the gears for it up here on Vancouver Island.
    I sold the mill and kept the DH and change gear box. I may use the DH but won't be able to use the gear box.
    It works well as I used it to mill a new drive roller for my 20" wood planer and it came out perfectly even with the old worn out mill.

    Shipping would be the catch given the border and the situation right now is not great for trying to find a ride.
    We are not that far away so a ride is a good option.

    I was thinking $400 US dollars would convince me to sell.

    MM
    M. Moore
    What kind of mill did it come from?
    I am interested in your change box. PM me some photos and info. Also any chance you have an auxilliary drive shaft layin around that would fit a 3H, 3ch, 310ch or a 3csm?
    Thanks

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    1,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    46
    Likes (Received)
    208

    Default

    SGC,
    My post was for Hidden Forge who will have first refusal.
    My machine was a K&T 2 H. I believe the change gear box was from a 1H so I had to modify it slightly so it would bolt onto the 2H table properly.
    I can take some pics but am quite busy for a few days.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Sadly, because I don't have much money (especially after the DH purchase) I have to decline, but thank you for thinking of me and offering me. If I had the money to spare I'd jump on it. Sell 'er to the other guy


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •