What's new
What's new

WTB Lassy Tapper and Lassy Tap n Die Guide

JLM Rebuilds

Plastic
Looking to buy Lassy tappers and Lassy hand held tap and die guide that you use in your lathe or mill. Interested in complete tappers to parts and pieces. Let me know what you got please. It's best to call or text me. 765 499 1875
Thanks

I have one. I don’t use it much but when I do it is handy
I didn’t have a picture of it exactly but I was taking a picture of my new hand Driven grinder and you can see the Tapper just behind it, lathe tooling holder is secured to the upright

If the OP is interested there’s import makers of similar tap guides. Bought one from PM member david n a few years back and works well.

plastikosmd, very nice to see you posting again. Would be very interested in pics of how your new (well, almost) shop is progressing.

L7

Thx, been a few years 5 or more?

What did I miss? ;)

Thx for the welcome back lucky, will scout around. I don’t want to violate any TOS stuff.

Op, pm me if u need any measurements etc

Fixed
I kinda like the bugger
I was just about to place an order for 3 more die heads from mr lassy
Fixed the inbox
I got about 4 or so tapping heads that I should list instead. I’m not a production guy

Fixed
I kinda like the bugger
I was just about to place an order for 3 more die heads from mr lassy
Fixed the inbox
I got about 4 or so tapping heads that I should list instead. I’m not a production guy

Lassy is closed. He went out almost a year ago. I'd be interested in the lassy tapper or the tap guide for the lathe if you would sell it give me a call.. thanks 765 499 1875

I have the large one like the picture above and a small one, but they are not for sale. I do not have the separate tap and die holder, I can see where that would be handy. Pretty much every tool and die shop on the east coast had one, they do show up at auctions periodically.

Keith

As far as I know, Lassy is still in business:

Welcome to Lassy Tools

I bought a #12 about six months ago, needed several holders, called them with a credit card and had them inside 3-4 days.

They don't answer there phone or emails anymore. I know there neighbor beside there shop and they said no one is ever at shop anymore and there closed. I have been trying to buy 1 of everything lassy tapper for over a year now and cant ever get a reply. I have called, emaiIed and even wrote a letter and mailed it after verifying with his local post office witch address to send it to that he was still receiveing mail at but still no reply. I do know some guys that has bought stuff off them lately but said they just got lucky and caught him there to buy the stuff. Sound like his is out of buiness to me.

If it's the company I recall. All of the machines went in a bid spotter auction year or so ago. The product line and any remaining inventory was to be auctioned also but I don't believe received any bids.

Honestly though, it's 2021, just call Flexarm.

They don't answer there phone or emails anymore. I know there neighbor beside there shop and they said no one is ever at shop anymore and there closed. I have been trying to buy 1 of everything lassy tapper for over a year now and cant ever get a reply. I have called, emaiIed and even wrote a letter and mailed it after verifying with his local post office witch address to send it to that he was still receiveing mail at but still no reply. I do know some guys that has bought stuff off them lately but said they just got lucky and caught him there to buy the stuff. Sound like his is out of buiness to me.

Guess I was just lucky when I called. From the comments above, I must be their last customer!

Following up on what Digger posted..and adding fuel to the fire, a tapper like that couldn't be more simple to build. I built one very similar, complete with all the tap holders, and never used it. Don't know why I thought I needed it..sold it for a song.

Stuart

Back