What's new
What's new

wtb press brake

idacal

Hot Rolled
Im looking for a roughly a 50-60 ton press brake with at least a 6' bed somewhere within a 600 miles of boise id. this is just for personal use would prefer hydraulic but mechanical with clutch would work. okay almost worn out would only use it a few hours a month. 208-941-2587

almost worn out

I like that part. Press brakes are worth significantly more just before the ram adjuster threads strip out compared to afterwards.

You may want to hint at what kind of tooling and back gauge you need. A bare press brake can't do any work. Hell, a press brake without a few tons of sectionalized punches and dies can't really do much work either.

mainly 10 to 16 gauge sheet just basic shapes hoping for something that was somewhat tooled some upper and lower stuff don't want cnc if I can help it. if could draw I would draw up what I want and send it out to done. as for tooling if its not with it I can purchase it as I need it. I just watched a betenbender sell at ritchie bros but I couldn't find any information on it like tonnage and stuff. if its fixable parts that's just time I would be interested in something that needs work.

You might consider a box and pan apron brake as well. For little "just make its", I use my apron brake much more than my press brake.

I have one that is more than you are looking for but it's a nice machine. Promecam/Amada RG up acting 110 ton 10' hydraulic. I purchased a shop that was closing but am already set on brakes. They purchased it new in the 80's and it is in great shape though a bit grimy. The up acting brakes are nice in that they have a center mounted bottom cylinder that mitigates crowning. This style of brake was the standard of precision sheet metal for decades. Manual back gauge, not in the picture but includes the top tool holders. Located in OR, we can load.
Asking 12,000

Attachments

• machines 2020 082.jpg
    machines 2020 082.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I talked to phill in montana he sent me pictures and a very nice clean machine. the machine was a little small for my use tried contacting him a couple of times to let him know. some reason I wasn't getting through. I someone mentioned it here so I did more looking and ended up getting a powered 8' by 10 gauge box and pan brake I think that will be a better fit for the one off type work i do haven't got it picked up yet hopefully next week.

Sounds like what I have. I think you will like it more than a press brake as long as it isn't sprung.

Set the top leaf back twice the material thickness. If you need a reverse bend and remove the angle from the apron, it derates your brake some amount, at least 2 gages, maybe 4. The top leaf doesn't have to be c-clamp tight, just enough so the sheet doesn't move. If you measure outside dimensions, your part will grow about 2 times material thickness across a 90 degree bend.

Back