What's new
What's new

WTB- Pristine (or nearly so) gear head engine lathe 15 to 18 swing x 30 to 40 bc

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Late 70's or newer, quiet spindle, low backlash in cross and compound, original paint.... LeBlond comes to mind....woods is full of 'em, but none pristine I can find. Another would be Hwacheon but at less money than Greer gets. Budget up to $15,000 depending on what it is exactly

Howa maybe, Okuma maybe...but "pristine" is the hard part..

Would consider more than 40" bc...but 60" absolute limit. Ideal would be only 30" however.

Please email me at [email protected] if you have something that might fit the bill..

Surprising the lack of response to my post.... guess it's getting harder and harder to find super clean quality make engine lathes these days....passed up an absolutely immaculate LeBlond Hydrashift 15 x 30 or so lathe a few years ago as I thought $7,000 was too pricey for it ! Would pay that is a heartbeat today ! :dopeslap:

No reply because:
1. Guys avoid your wrath if the response is not exactly what you want to hear.
2. Your policy of not blabbing about good deals.
3. You are a dealer so want to buy at a price where you can double your money. If I knew of such why would I pass it on to you?

Bob

I know nothing about the CNC market, but do pay attention to the small to medium size conventional machine market. It’s done a 180 in the last year. Not entirely a surprise as manufacturing and mining (esp copper!) are way up all of a sudden. And a lot of good American manual machines were melted down in last twenty years. Not a buyers market now in western Canada. Maybe different in SE USA?

L7

No reply because:
1. Guys avoid your wrath if the response is not exactly what you want to hear.
2. Your policy of not blabbing about good deals.
3. You are a dealer so want to buy at a price where you can double your money. If I knew of such why would I pass it on to you?

Bob
1. I haven't had a tirade on PM in years... old age and young wife have calmed me down :smoking:
2. True but what has that go to do with this ??
3. I don't think in my entire machinery sales career I've ever had a "customer" for a certain iron, most WTB ads on PM are things I want for myself and therefore will pay pretty much retail for it if I like it. Of course like everyone else I like to get a good deal as well...but I will pay the piper if I have to. I buy machines from other dealers often enough.

How about the Sheldon "R" series ?

While they won't be as heavy as your above listed ones, they came in 13"-15"-17"
I have the 15" x 60" model, and it's a very fine lathe with large screws, large dials,
and flame hardened & ground ways.

I have a Leblond servo shift I know of in mind. I think it had some weird issue with shifting. If I remember correctly it was in amazing condition with clean scraping on the tailstock ways all the way up to the headstock. Also inch metric machine with the proper threading change gears and taper attachment. It also had a newer Newall dro. 15 x 54". I am unsure on a lot of things but let me know if you are interested and I can see if I can set something up. Its in a guys shop and I doubt he has done anything with it since the last time I was there a few months ago.

I have a Leblond servo shift I know of in mind. I think it had some weird issue with shifting. If I remember correctly it was in amazing condition with clean scraping on the tailstock ways all the way up to the headstock. Also inch metric machine with the proper threading change gears and taper attachment. It also had a newer Newall dro. 15 x 54". I am unsure on a lot of things but let me know if you are interested and I can see if I can set something up. Its in a guys shop and I doubt he has done anything with it since the last time I was there a few months ago.

I’m interested if Don passes, you can PM me the contact info?

Kevin

Sounds good, please look into it for me.

[email protected]

Late 70's or newer, quiet spindle, low backlash in cross and compound, original paint.... LeBlond comes to mind....woods is full of 'em, but none pristine I can find. Another would be Hwacheon but at less money than Greer gets. Budget up to $15,000 depending on what it is exactly

Howa maybe, Okuma maybe...but "pristine" is the hard part..

Would consider more than 40" bc...but 60" absolute limit. Ideal would be only 30" however.

Please email me at [email protected] if you have something that might fit the bill..

Let us know what you find.

Back