WTB- Pristine (or nearly so) gear head engine lathe 15 to 18 swing x 30 to 40 bc
Close
Login to Your Account
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default WTB- Pristine (or nearly so) gear head engine lathe 15 to 18 swing x 30 to 40 bc

Late 70's or newer, quiet spindle, low backlash in cross and compound, original paint.... LeBlond comes to mind....woods is full of 'em, but none pristine I can find. Another would be Hwacheon but at less money than Greer gets. Budget up to $15,000 depending on what it is exactly

Howa maybe, Okuma maybe...but "pristine" is the hard part..

Would consider more than 40" bc...but 60" absolute limit. Ideal would be only 30" however.

Please email me at [email protected] if you have something that might fit the bill..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Look for a Monarch type 62 with rapids...Phil

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Surprising the lack of response to my post.... guess it's getting harder and harder to find super clean quality make engine lathes these days....passed up an absolutely immaculate LeBlond Hydrashift 15 x 30 or so lathe a few years ago as I thought $7,000 was too pricey for it ! Would pay that is a heartbeat today !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No reply because:
    1. Guys avoid your wrath if the response is not exactly what you want to hear.
    2. Your policy of not blabbing about good deals.
    3. You are a dealer so want to buy at a price where you can double your money. If I knew of such why would I pass it on to you?

Bob

5. Likes atomarc, rustytool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know nothing about the CNC market, but do pay attention to the small to medium size conventional machine market. It’s done a 180 in the last year. Not entirely a surprise as manufacturing and mining (esp copper!) are way up all of a sudden. And a lot of good American manual machines were melted down in last twenty years. Not a buyers market now in western Canada. Maybe different in SE USA?

L7

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    No reply because:
    1. Guys avoid your wrath if the response is not exactly what you want to hear.
    2. Your policy of not blabbing about good deals.
    3. You are a dealer so want to buy at a price where you can double your money. If I knew of such why would I pass it on to you?

Bob
    1. I haven't had a tirade on PM in years... old age and young wife have calmed me down
    2. True but what has that go to do with this ??
    3. I don't think in my entire machinery sales career I've ever had a "customer" for a certain iron, most WTB ads on PM are things I want for myself and therefore will pay pretty much retail for it if I like it. Of course like everyone else I like to get a good deal as well...but I will pay the piper if I have to. I buy machines from other dealers often enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now that was a pretty restrained respons
    Bob

9. Likes Ries liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the Sheldon "R" series ?

While they won't be as heavy as your above listed ones, they came in 13"-15"-17"
    I have the 15" x 60" model, and it's a very fine lathe with large screws, large dials,
    and flame hardened & ground ways.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a Leblond servo shift I know of in mind. I think it had some weird issue with shifting. If I remember correctly it was in amazing condition with clean scraping on the tailstock ways all the way up to the headstock. Also inch metric machine with the proper threading change gears and taper attachment. It also had a newer Newall dro. 15 x 54". I am unsure on a lot of things but let me know if you are interested and I can see if I can set something up. Its in a guys shop and I doubt he has done anything with it since the last time I was there a few months ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alcro1998 View Post
    I have a Leblond servo shift I know of in mind. I think it had some weird issue with shifting. If I remember correctly it was in amazing condition with clean scraping on the tailstock ways all the way up to the headstock. Also inch metric machine with the proper threading change gears and taper attachment. It also had a newer Newall dro. 15 x 54". I am unsure on a lot of things but let me know if you are interested and I can see if I can set something up. Its in a guys shop and I doubt he has done anything with it since the last time I was there a few months ago.
    I’m interested if Don passes, you can PM me the contact info?

Kevin

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds good, please look into it for me.

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Late 70's or newer, quiet spindle, low backlash in cross and compound, original paint.... LeBlond comes to mind....woods is full of 'em, but none pristine I can find. Another would be Hwacheon but at less money than Greer gets. Budget up to $15,000 depending on what it is exactly

Howa maybe, Okuma maybe...but "pristine" is the hard part..

Would consider more than 40" bc...but 60" absolute limit. Ideal would be only 30" however.

Please email me at [email protected] if you have something that might fit the bill..
    Let us know what you find.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Sounds good, please look into it for me.

[email protected]
    I looked into it and its not that nice. I remember it a lot better than it actually is for some reason!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I looked into it and its not that nice. I remember it a lot better than it actually is for some reason!
    Fess up... bsg bought it, right ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Admin5 View Post
    Fess up... bsg bought it, right ?
    Nope, not me!
    Haven’t seen any pictures yet?

Kevin