What's new
What's new

WTB Sunnen hone and boring bar

eaglemike

Stainless
If anyone has a lead on decent stuff at a fair price please let me know.
I have a few products/projects in mind that could use a decent hone. Currently i'm farming out the boring and honing of motorcycle cylinders too. The guy doing the work is slowing down. I'm slowing down too, but would like a few more years, and maybe do a bit of work in a smaller location, or even the garage. Current cylinders are over 4" diameter, and I know that makes a difference on which boring bars will work. I've not run one in about 35 years, but hopefully I can figure it out again. Same thing with the hone.
I have a few products that could use the hone besides the cylinders in the back of my head.
Thanks for any input!
Stay safe, my friends.....

you need the an 600 arbor for the cylinders, and you need a full size standard hone to run it, like 1200 series and up. Good luck!
For boring I used a lathe, with fixtures-Harley Davidson only.

The AN 600 arbor cost $600 30yrs ago, and now much more, it may be best to look for the arbor first.

you need the an 600 arbor for the cylinders, and you need a full size standard hone to run it, like 1200 series and up. Good luck!
For boring I used a lathe, with fixtures-Harley Davidson only.

The AN 600 arbor cost $600 30yrs ago, and now much more, it may be best to look for the arbor first.
Thanks very much!
I'm doing/selling the work on klr650 cylinders right now. Not too different than Harley, except the Harley cylinder is more rigid.
I'm hoping the hone might have the arbor for the cylinder. I had a line on one a few months ago, but the seller disappeared. Not really wanting to go ebay or craigslist, but might have to.

Back