What's new
What's new

WTB super spacer for my Acer 3VKH mill.

WVJim

Plastic
I would like to purchase a super spacer/dividing head for my Acer 3VKH mill. Never having owned one what should I be looking at regarding size and quality. I think a 6” Bison H/V looks about right but could use some professional advice. Would like a tailstock as well. All recommendations would be appreciated. My shop is a family farm maintenace repair facility. We do it all in this shop but as most farmers are not quite masters of all we run into. Learning every day.
Thank you,
WVJim

Last edited:
I'd recommend an 8" model. That's what I use on a Bridgeport sized machine and wouldn't want a smaller one. You'll be able to hold larger parts and the chuck will be more rugged.
I have several indexers - the Bison was my first, and I'd recommend passing it by for a good used Hartford or a Yuasa clone of a Hartford. The indexing mechanism on the Bison is not as positive or robust as the others, I've had to make parts for mine a couple times, and accuracy suffers as it wears.

Thanks for the good info. I was looking hard at several Bison Spacers but will broaden my search to include Yuasa and Hartford sticking with 8”. Are the Interstate products any good or just Chinese clones? What forum should I be in for these questions as I am looking to purchase as well?

Back