What's new
What's new

WTB or trade for a Duplomatic TA55 or Cazeneuve HBX360 lathe tracer attachment.

Patio

Plastic
I am looking for a, Duplomatic TA55, lathe tracer attachment. I have a Duplomatic TA80 tracer attachment that I a willing to trade for it. The TA55 would fit my 14" lathe better. The TA80 would be better suited to a 16" to 24" lathe. I have the template holders and centers also and would like the same in trade. I would be ok with just finding the tracer attachment with out any templates or hydraulic unit, also.
Ideally I would like to find a tracer attachment for a Cazeneuve HBX360, but I don't think there is much hope in that.
I am in Western Washington, and finding one with in driving distance would be best. Shipping is probably going to cost more than the unit is worth, but I will entertain all ideas.
Thanks
Patio

FWIW, I have two hydraulic tracer attachments that were removed from Schaublin 135 lathes I would sell. They work with 3D round or 2D flat templates.

The issue with most tracer attachments, maybe not the one you have, I would need to know what brand/style they are to know more, is their height. The Duplomatic series has pretty low profile. The Cazeneuve as I believe you already know, has a shroud and an arm for a chip guard/coolant that limits the height of the unit that would work. Most units like the Cadillac, Mimic and True Trace have an arm for the stylist that connects to the top of the slide. I am interested in what you have, what you want for it, and what you think it might cost to ship it. This is all just a hobby for me, not a need. I also wonder if I can use the hydraulic pump and templates that I have, to save shipping cost. I am on the west coast of Washington state and you are in SC. :)
You can PM the details if you would like.
Thanks!

Ta55 for trade

I am looking for a, Duplomatic TA55, lathe tracer attachment. I have a Duplomatic TA80 tracer attachment that I a willing to trade for it. The TA55 would fit my 14" lathe better. The TA80 would be better suited to a 16" to 24" lathe. I have the template holders and centers also and would like the same in trade. I would be ok with just finding the tracer attachment with out any templates or hydraulic unit, also.
Ideally I would like to find a tracer attachment for a Cazeneuve HBX360, but I don't think there is much hope in that.
I am in Western Washington, and finding one with in driving distance would be best. Shipping is probably going to cost more than the unit is worth, but I will entertain all ideas.
Thanks
Patio

I just so happen to have a Duplomatic 55 on my bench right now. It also just so happens that I would be interested in a trade for a larger unit as my lathe is a 16 inch. I don't have template holders but would be interested in trading just the tracer unit.

The issue with most tracer attachments, maybe not the one you have, I would need to know what brand/style they are to know more, is their height. The Duplomatic series has pretty low profile. The Cazeneuve as I believe you already know, has a shroud and an arm for a chip guard/coolant that limits the height of the unit that would work. Most units like the Cadillac, Mimic and True Trace have an arm for the stylist that connects to the top of the slide. I am interested in what you have, what you want for it, and what you think it might cost to ship it. This is all just a hobby for me, not a need. I also wonder if I can use the hydraulic pump and templates that I have, to save shipping cost. I am on the west coast of Washington state and you are in SC. :)
You can PM the details if you would like.
Thanks!

Same boat, here w/r finding an OEM Cazeneuve. Best I've done so far is grab the patent description and drawings showing how and why it is a differently implemented animal than most others. "Why are we caze-two-ways not surprised?"

:)

Funny thing is I bought my HBX-360-BC FROM Milacron, had a chance to at least "sniff and fondle" some of his prized Schaublins, but we never got onto the subject of tracers, even though we both knew the Cazeneuve had kept its pump and reservoir, but not the tracer topslide.

Tracer attachment for engine lathe.... anyone here use one ?

I now have "1 and 1/2" Mimik UT2, with tank and pump. Another PM member shipped it to me via Fastenal at a reasonable price, but that was only Maine to Virginia, down the right coast, quasi-local.

Same boat, here w/r finding an OEM Cazeneuve. Best I've done so far is grab the patent description and drawings showing how and why it is a differently implemented animal than most others. "Why are we caze-two-ways not surprised?"

:)

Funny thing is I bought my HBX-360-BC FROM Milacron, had a chance to at least "sniff and fondle" some of his prized Schaublins, but we never got onto the subject of tracers, even though we both knew the Cazeneuve had kept its pump and reservoir, but not the tracer topslide.

Tracer attachment for engine lathe.... anyone here use one ?

I now have "1 and 1/2" Mimik UT2, with tank and pump. Another PM member shipped it to me via Fastenal at a reasonable price, but that was only Maine to Virginia, down the right coast, quasi-local.

On-edit:

See also woodsrider's posts and fotos on his two most-recently acquired lathes. One came in the door to his "treehouse" with a German-made tracer mounted, in working order, and readily de-mountable / re-mountable. Same one I cited (above).

Monarch 14c and a Sidney 14

"There may be hope, yet.."

Still have TA55?

I just so happen to have a Duplomatic 55 on my bench right now. It also just so happens that I would be interested in a trade for a larger unit as my lathe is a 16 inch. I don't have template holders but would be interested in trading just the tracer unit.

Hi amishmafia00
Do you still have your TA55 to trade for a TA80? I have a TA80.
thank you

Back