What's new
What's new

WTS Gorton P2-3 (Project)

Fal Grunt

Titanium
I bought this probably 3 years ago from a facility in Cleveland. Back in the day, they were quite an amazing shop. I have a picture somewhere of their wall of part samples. Automotive parts dating back to the 30's. It was as if one day everyone walked out and locked the door. Not to return for 10 years.

Everything was top quality equipment, and well cared for. You can imagine what 10 years of sitting did...

The whole ordeal was sad, if you want the long sad story, I will share it, but to keep this short:

The machine is in nice condition as it sits. The kids and I spent hours cleaning it up. It is 99% complete, motor runs, spindle turns, but I have not made chips with it.

I bought it because I often have customers with parts/forms and no blueprints. It is literally perfect for duplicating an existing form. Just have not taken the time to get it up and running.

IMG_2045[1].jpgIMG_2043[1].jpgIMG_2041[1].jpg

This is no toy, Gorton claims it will take full depth cuts with a 3/8" HSS endmill.

It is a nice machine, honest, I would not sell it if I did not need the room. In 20 years when I am retired I will hate myself trying to find another.

Send me a PM, I can send you lots of pictures and answer most questions.

$300 where it sits

$550 loaded on your trailer via tow motor (tow motor rental costs me $250)

I am happy to help as I can, and may be able to arrange delivery at the buyers expense.

Back