What's new
What's new

WTS Leblond 13" Lathe- Gainesville Florida

pjames6

Plastic
Asking $1400

Bought this machine to learn on and have loved it, I'd like to downsize now that I know more about the type of work I enjoy.

Comes with 3 chucks( 9" 3 jaw, 9" 4 jaw, 13" 4 jaw) and a BXA toolpost with some small tooling. The 9" 4 jaw is the only chuck that has a backplate is has been the only chuck I've used.

Email me at [email protected] with any questions.

84151285_10215449062315493_1599647976551088128_o.jpg

Cool little Heavy Duty from about 1930. Scan from around then

View attachment 279867

Helluva sharp eye to even FIND it under a debris field as rivals that of a train wreck, John!

I could probably "date" just about all the REST of the trash in his photo, too, given I have much the same, here, messy as I am.

But if I wanted to offer any of it but buckets, leaf blowers, evap-o-rust, PB-laster, etc etc. for SALE?

I believe I just might invest all of thirty minutes schlepping the trash into a seperate pile, OFF the lathe, and out of the field of view of the camera.

One suspects it wasn't done only because it is too much like work to put it all BACK all the while artistically re-arranging it differently for a change of scene?

DAMHIKT!

:D

I can't move the evaporust.. the creature growing in it will get angry with me.

Just tell the critter "thermite did it, take a number."

"Run what you got."

The rate I piss-off snowflakes & sech? By the time the number comes up, the last of Florida will be under a hundred feet of seawater.

Apropos of nuthin' much, that LeBlond doesn't actually occupy much more cubic space than a Hardinge and its cabinet or even a nice Sheldon and ITS cabinet.

What are you figuring to "downsize" to, and have you found one, yet?

Was thinking a Precision Matthews gunsmith lathe BUT good news; After banging my head against a wall for two weeks I realized one of the major issues I was having with threading was totally user error, as are most things for a beginner like me. Not having a proper user manual for the damn thing makes figuring things out on my own fun. I'm going to keep working with this machine for a while. If anyone comes across this thread years from now and wants more info send me an email.

If an admin wants to close this thread I would appreciate it.

Advice for future newbies, the machine is probably fine you are just doing it wrong.

We are here to see f we can answer questions - like the ones I asked for the first forty years of being around machines

I lucked out though - I had someone that had a clue (and 25 years of teaching) to get me started

Scan 56WHS04.jpg

We are here to see f we can answer questions - like the ones I asked for the first forty years of being around machines

I lucked out though - I had someone that had a clue (and 25 years of teaching) to get me started

View attachment 280900

The power of a positive influence on a young person in their formative years is an awesome thing. Too bad it's so difficult to differentiate between really good teachers and the rest of the pack. These folks are worth their weight in gold.

Was thinking a Precision Matthews gunsmith lathe
That's novel. An oxymoron ("thinking" and "Precision Matthews" be a contradiction in terms..) co-joined with a redundancy (DOUBLED Oxymoron "gunsmith lathe")
:)

BUT good news; After banging my head against a wall for two weeks I realized one of the major issues I was having with threading was totally user error, as are most things for a beginner like me. Not having a proper user manual for the damn thing makes figuring things out on my own fun. I'm going to keep working with this machine for a while. If anyone comes across this thread years from now and wants more info send me an email.

If an admin wants to close this thread I would appreciate it.

Advice for future newbies, the machine is probably fine you are just doing it wrong.

Umhhh.. welll. I suspect you've now twigged to already having far the better machine than a Piss-is-on-yah, Mathew.

And will sort it quietly, as a LeBlond Heavy Duty doesn't apologize.

They never had cause to learn how.

:D

Back