What's new
What's new

wysong 8ft x 10 gage shear for sale

surplusjohn

Diamond
nice 1956 machine. mechanical. back operated back gage. in good condition. we dont need it anymore since we got our laser. $4000 as is where is but reasonable offers considered since we need the space. easy load 50 ft straight shot to loading dock. email me. [email protected]

Attachments

• shear front compressed.jpg
    shear front compressed.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 163
  • shear back (2).jpg
    shear back (2).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 142
  • shear date (2).jpg
    shear date (2).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 124
  • shear drive (2).jpg
    shear drive (2).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 140
  • shear end (2).jpg
    shear end (2).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
there has been allot of interest in this shear but no one has stepped up yet. the boss says make sure it is out of the door by September 15, so we are a motivated seller. so don't be afraid to make and offer, I can not be insulted, ask either of my ex wives,

John - How is a machine with a foot treadle operation like that made acceptable to OSHA? I'm sure a big shop like that conforms to the regs, but I thought the foot control had to have a cover or device to prevent accidental triggering? I have a similar old mechanical shear I'd like to put back in use, but am concerned about this issue.
Apologies for the OT, but I'm thinking you can answer something I haven't found elsewhere - thanks.

John - How is a machine with a foot treadle operation like that made acceptable to OSHA? I'm sure a big shop like that conforms to the regs, but I thought the foot control had to have a cover or device to prevent accidental triggering? I have a similar old mechanical shear I'd like to put back in use, but am concerned about this issue.
Apologies for the OT, but I'm thinking you can answer something I haven't found elsewhere - thanks.

Mud, didn't you notice the OSHA-approved 2x4 blocking device? I think you can get them from Amazon for $345 ea.

John, that looks like a nice machine, if I did more sheet metal work I'd be on that.

Back