What's new
What's new

Zewo Radial Arm Drill Press

I've got this Zewo radial arm drill press for sale. Basically I picked it up a while back and never got around to restoring it before I purchased an Oerlikon UB-2 that will do everything this can do and more. Open to offers and may be willing to ship on a pallet through Fastenal or something.

Zewo Radial Arm Drill Press - tools - by owner - sale

Do you mind posting a picture of your UB2, curious to see it. I have a UB2 also, but sadly I don't have the Oerlikon X-Y table.

Do you mind posting a picture of your UB2, curious to see it. I have a UB2 also, but sadly I don't have the Oerlikon X-Y table.
Of course not, I haven't had a chance to play around with it much yet, but I'm very excited about it. I don't have the Oerlikon table either, but I have a brand new Troyke X-Y table I plan on using with it.

Mine is missing the dual threaded self ejecting drawbar, so I plan on recreating that. I also need to repair the electrical plug on the back of the motor, but I haven't yet figured out how the motor comes out. I'm planning on pulling the face off the head to inspect and clean everything before lubing it up and running it for the first time
276a94056a2a8d807157403e2c9f77f1.jpg
050436ffe497ece96567582ac4a22186.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I've got this Zewo radial arm drill press for sale. Basically I picked it up a while back and never got around to restoring it before I purchased an Oerlikon UB-2 that will do everything this can do and more. Open to offers and may be willing to ship on a pallet through Fastenal or something.

Zewo Radial Arm Drill Press - tools - by owner - sale

Posting an evaporating link not an ideal selling tool; it's just lazy. Posting pics however, used for the ad, makes sense. There is a tremendous field of readers here. NO telling when someone searches "drill press". Out of the weather, cast iron rarely spoils, so purchase within a time frame isn't a requirement.
There's also some responsibility to preserve machine tool history; many of us get a handle on this or that in precisely such a manner.
It's also not clear what the Oerlikon UB-2 shares in common with your Zewo "that will do everything and more".

Posting an evaporating link not an ideal selling tool; it's just lazy. Posting pics however, used for the ad, makes sense. There is a tremendous field of readers here. NO telling when someone searches "drill press". Out of the weather, cast iron rarely spoils, so purchase within a time frame isn't a requirement.
There's also some responsibility to preserve machine tool history; many of us get a handle on this or that in precisely such a manner.
It's also not clear what the Oerlikon UB-2 shares in common with your Zewo "that will do everything and more".

Yes you're right, there has been tremendous traffic on this post, I almost can't even keep up with all of the comments.

If you don't know the difference between the two, how about you try out google and compare them for yourself with all of the well documented information that is already out there for both machines. I'm certainly not going to reinvent the wheel, especially on a damn for sale ad.

I just copied the link because this site is a damn PITA to post pics from a mobile phone and I had an inclination that nobody would really care after it got shuffled off the front page anyways, but that was my mistake as I certainly didn't expect the likes of you, Mr. Archives, to bring up a six month old for sale ad to piss and moan about how I try to sell my stuff.

Zewo is long gone by now, think I doubled my money on it, pretty sweet deal thanks to Craigslist

Back