Zgoo, Dan Lewis Machinery, Oregon - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don,

I understand completely.I have been going through all the smalls around the place trying to get rid of some of it,and it is a time wastier but the shop is in need of a cleaning.

Also let me know when the half is in control that does not care.He's the one my cheap half wants to buy from,and as i type my cheap side is in control. Later Jason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you send out the grinder attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by zgoo View Post
    Man my ears are burning LOL

Here is the skinny on this auction...

I was renting for 5 years and decided to buy a large building 5 min from my house instead of 20 miles at the old location. I had some tenants move out so I just filled up about 18,000 sf with shop stuff( Man, what was I thinking LOL) I buy equipment from 1 machine to a whole shop. I get tons of small tools, machines, shop supplies, and stuff I don't even know what it is...but I think some one might be able to use so we store it away and now it's time to free up a lot of space and make room for two more semi full of cool machines ( Rivett 608, Rivett 1020, Okuma, Bridgeports, and Bridgeport Series 2 Special). Not going out of business just selling a lot of cool stuff at what ever some one will pay,,,,, I would like to say I don't need the money, but little change in the pocket is a good thing. Large all day auction, hope to see a few there....Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by powerglider View Post
    Did you send out the grinder attachment?
    I don't think he's going to respond, he's been banned it looks like. Is that the case?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecord View Post
    I don't think he's going to respond, he's been banned it looks like. Is that the case?
    Yes, that was one reason but the main reason is it finally sunk in that every post he ever makes is to sell something...not contributing to the forum in general.

5. Likes traditional-tools liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a low esteem for people that go on and on about how successful they are and how they are expanding their business and yet haven't taken care of sending out an item to a customer many months ago.

If you can't send it out then Mr. Success can send a refund and an apology.

7. Likes jdj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The flood of ads on Portland Craiglist promoting Dan's auction are hard to avoid. The pictures on these ads appear to be his dregs with some flashy dirtbikes thrown in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, did anybody get anything at the auction?

Chuck

10. Likes jdj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The auctioneers he used on a scale from 1-10 where about 3-4 priety poor and the stuff was not that good the good stuff whent for good money but most of it was not that good what do pople think at an auction the harbor fright vises went for more that you could but then new and the one small sheet metal brake that was in the auction was a HF brake and not a box and pan brake went for about 180 Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not to be a dick, but personally, it seemed like a rummage sale. There wasn't a single thing I was interested in buying, but the "tweeker" watching was entertaining.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not to be a dick, but personally, it seemed like a rummage sale. There wasn't a single thing I was interested in buying, but the "tweeker" watching was entertaining.

I agree. I was interested in a Hardinge 2nd op lathe that was shown in the auction pics but was not included in the auction. The auction reminded me of a swap meet. I came, walked around and left. Not worth my Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got some, in my opinion great stuff, there were so many items that people got tired and left, and all the good stuff went at the end. Maybe the people who didn't like it already have awesome fully equipped shops, but for someone like myself, still assembling shop goodies, the stuff went good N' cheap. A cnc saw that was almost new looking went for $100!!!!! there were lots of things that brought almost no bids, automatic DoAll band saw Miller syncrowave welders. I got some nice old machine just for the cast iron bases. Also got a big, again in my opinion, nibbler for $250. Granted it was my first auction that I bid on anything, attended 2 prior but they were a little intense, so I had a good time and left happy

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by B-HUD View Post
    A cnc saw that was almost new looking went for $100!!!!!
    Even I, who deals in machinery, have no idea what you mean by "CNC saw".... unless you mean a fully automatic cold or bandsaw with programmable stock feed. But then that doesn't sound like the sort of thing that "someone still assembling shop goodies" would want, so I am mystified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The seller's reputation + The pictures verifying it = Not worth anyone's time.
    Last edited by Garwood; 05-01-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did anyone trip over Kiwi's grinding attachment at the auction.
    Last edited by Nick; 05-01-2012 at 03:53 PM.

18. Likes powerglider, morsetaper2, jdj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was some decent stuff there, but there was a sea of random junk you had to swim through. That, and they were SOOOO far down the list, I would have sat there all day to bid on anything worth while; for me anyway. I wanted to bid on the Miller Syncrowave, but it was item 465 or so, and they were on item 30 or so when I left.

I saw things like random pieces of scrap metal, a crank shaft out of a V8 of some make, broken end mills just to name a few. I was pretty pissed about the Hardinge not being there; that was another thing I went specifically for. The best thing I got out of it was watching the tweekers drool over the scrap metal and random things they wanted to take apart and never get back together; watching them shift their eyes back and forth to people like they were being watched every second LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had never seen a cnc cold saw but thats what it was called it was a fully enclosed cold saw with programmable something or other. That Syncrowave sold for pretty cheap, and yes the tweaker watching was amazing. At one point I saw a fella that looked like he came from the moonshine hills giggle and wiggle around, look at something real hard and take his teeth out. very entertaining

21. Likes Rob F. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had never seen a cnc cold saw but thats what it was called it was a fully enclosed cold saw with programmable something or other.
    Oh yeah, that's really pinning it down....a "programmable something or other" Called by who ? If the auctioneer, it's meaningless. Can you post a photo ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

saw-pic.jpg

this is not the saw in the auction but it looked a lot like this, with the controller on the side, hence the programmable something or other, but I have no clue 'cause I've never seen one before

24. Likes jdj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

saw-pic.jpg

this is not the saw in the auction but it looked a lot like this, with the controller on the side, hence the programmable something or other, but I have no clue 'cause I've never seen one before
    What you show there is a HydMec semi auto non ferrous cold saw (actually made by MEP in Italy) While it has semi auto functions such as power downfeed and automatic pneumatic clamps, it is not even remotely "CNC"

In fact a manual mill with modern DRO would be closer to being "CNC" than that saw, since at least the DRO has memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

CNC or not, if the cold saw was in good condition and went for $100, that's a great deal in my book. Give the guy a break. He said he hadn't seen one before.

27. Likes jdj liked this post