Zgoo, Dan Lewis Machinery, Oregon - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by powerglider View Post
    You call making somebody wait for an item paid in full for 6+ months something to be proud of?
    Not to mention the fact that if the OP had not complained about it here on PM, I think it highly likely he would never have got the item.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by qualitymachinetools View Post
    I spent all weekend so far working on this, and so far I have about 10 things listed. It takes forver, heck maybe I should have an auction, there is at least $100,000 in new value worth of stuff here, but thats a pretty small auction.
    Yep, see my "Does anyone else hate creating eBay auction listings ?" thread here !

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by powerglider View Post
    You call making somebody wait for an item paid in full for 6+ months something to be proud of?

I would never touch anything you sell at any price.
    I agree, if nothing else there's a big EFin' red zgoo flag flying in this thread...and Dan's the one that hoisted it.

Even after he was notified it took about as long as it should have taken to ship it, to FINALLY get it shipped.

I understand the ramifications to shipping heavy stuff, but hey, if your in the business of doing it, get off your arse and do your job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I will reply to this, I made a mistake, and I fixed it when I heard about it. I don't thing one mistake defines me but every one can think what they like. I told Don that I will not sell any thing on his site every again! I'm only selling to local guys. Ask Blake about his new Rivett Lathe, big smile on his face, plus the other 4 Bridgeports and 4 other Lathes that just came in, they will find happy owners in the Portland area. Thanks for all the kind words from some of you. Really!! Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by zgoo View Post
    Well I will reply to this, I made a mistake, and I fixed it when I heard about it. I don't thing one mistake defines me but every one can think what they like. I told Don that I will not sell any thing on his site every again! I'm only selling to local guys. Ask Blake about his new Rivett Lathe, big smile on his face, plus the other 4 Bridgeports and 4 other Lathes that just came in, they will find happy owners in the Portland area. Thanks for all the kind words from some of you. Really!! Dan
    You are basically "selling" with this post. But that would be fine if you would just participate in other areas of PM as well. I never cease to be amazed at "sales androids" that have absolutely no interest in discussing anything on internet forums except selling their wares.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don,

I'm not trying to sell at all! Just local people only. I think my post of for sale to items to my other post would show way more non for sale post. But like I said, no items for sale. Don, every one makes money on this site. They sell items and they get free advice from people here that paid to learn it and then give the info away for free, so the other guy can make more money fixing or making a part. Just like the guy that buys a machine from me is going to make money with it, right??? So if I hunt down the machines , move, clean repair and resell, thats BAD!!! ???? Don, I didnt take you for a profit hater, if so please make me a sweet deal on some of your machines!!! Not mad at all Don, just have an opinion like you, nothing more! The reason for putting the rare machines on your site is that would be a bonus for you and your members, like Blake's new Rivett. Peace Out!!

7. Likes B-HUD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by zgoo View Post

I'm not trying to sell at all! Just local people only. I think my post of for sale to items to my other post would show way more non for sale post. But like I said, no items for sale. Don, every one makes money on this site. They sell items and they get free advice from people here that paid to learn it and then give the info away for free, so the other guy can make more money fixing or making a part. Just like the guy that buys a machine from me is going to make money with it, right??? So if I hunt down the machines , move, clean repair and resell, thats BAD!!! ???? Don, I didnt take you for a profit hater, if so please make me a sweet deal on some of your machines!!! Not mad at all Don, just have an opinion like you, nothing more! The reason for putting the rare machines on your site is that would be a bonus for you and your members, like Blake's new Rivett. Peace Out!!
    "Everyone" does not make money on this site. But as I said, it would be fine except that is ALL you do on this site. Do more than that and we are fine. Answer questions in the General forum, ask questions, etc, etc. If you don't have time or interest for that, fine...don't sell. But if you do, even better...chatter away and sell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I guess If you save money you have made money! But I'm cool with that, Take care Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    I wasn't thinking in terms of whether the reception should be "cordial" or not, but rather trying to pin down what really was at the auction. I'm more interested in reading realistic accounts of what happened at a machinery auction than being "nice".
    Really?!?! (sarcasm)
    You are such a SWEETY, Milacron!
    I suppose that is fine if you don't care how anyone treats you. Some people will CLAIM that they don't care, but that is RARELY true!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know this is an earlier thread but take a look at "https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/all-machine-sales-lewis-machinery-zgoo-monarch-any-issues-past-367430/?highlight=dan+lewis" for future references.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchster View Post
    I know this is an earlier thread but take a look at "https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/all-machine-sales-lewis-machinery-zgoo-monarch-any-issues-past-367430/?highlight=dan+lewis" for future references.
    He looks like a real bobby dazzler. Did you get the machine or a refund? After reading this thread, it would seem a couple months might be a little quick to expect a response