Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TCMACH3 View Post
    I greased all the bearings & shaft before reassembling on the worm assembly.After i get my table off & cleaned I probably will grease the bearings & use 90w gear oil in the housing when i get it all put back together.I will watch for leaks.I wonder why it had hardly any oil in it when i opened it up to start with.The o-ring on the worm shaft housing was rough but don't see how it would have leaked all the oil out thru that.
    Hi TCMACH3 and all others,

all those tables have the same problem, and that is the big seal between the main house and rotary-plate,
    that seal is made of ? cotton rope, drenched/saturated with grease, after using it in factories for years,
    swinging the table around with the crane on a disco-funk style,its expected.
    Now i have a table with a overdose on multipurpose-grease and to it 1 liter 10-w60 synthetic-oil
    (the oil functions only as hydraulic bearing between the bottom bearing faces).
    These rotary tables are made for heavy industrial use, they can take loads flat/horizontal 800kg, and upright/vertical 250kg,
    and i will never handle workpieces heavier as 150-200 kg flat or upright on my little mill.
    If you fill up the table with just 1/2 liter oil(mandatory) and take care when you put it in upright position , its all okay, even without seal.
    Oh and the slop on the handle you can adjust a little by screwing in the adjuster-pin on the most right-side screw, front under-side,
    but it will always have a minimum of 0.5 deg play, that means that on the moment you are milling you will have to be careful for the very last deg.

Sincerely Yours, jack.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have got every piece of my rotary table apart.The only thing left on the casting is the oil sight glass.Do you know if it is screwed in or pressed in?I want to take it off too.Im gonna fix everything that can leak.The o-rings on the lock pins needed changed too.I am going to replace the felt ring around the top also.I will try to post a photo when I get done.

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have got every piece of my rotary table apart.The only thing left on the casting is the oil sight glass.Do you know if it is screwed in or pressed in?I want to take it off too.Im gonna fix everything that can leak.The o-rings on the lock pins needed changed too.I am going to replace the felt ring around the top also.I will try to post a photo when I get done.
    hi TCMACH3,
    its just a normal hex bolt, size is 18mm (metric), to get it out, turn CCW.
    Ok yes please post a pic and info about the felt ring, i couldn't find one over here that quickly.
    And don't worry about leaking oil, just try to keep it in horixontal position most of the time. !

till later, jack.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a sight glass for the oil level that screws into the housing on mine.I used a oil & water resistant packing seal that was made of PTFE- impregnated synthetic fiber size 1/8” x 1/8” square and packed in in the groove in housing under the table.I reassembled everything & filled with oil,used flat and on verticle and have no leaks so far.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

9babf35a-92e3-418e-a0fe-f2100c9533d7.jpg9babf35a-92e3-418e-a0fe-f2100c9533d7.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 04b97a49-24c8-4a60-aa0e-20d9a2c112e2.jpg  

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a sight glass for the oil level that screws into the housing on mine.I used a oil & water resistant packing seal that was made of PTFE- impregnated synthetic fiber size 1/8” x 1/8” square and packed in in the groove in housing under the table.I reassembled everything & filled with oil,used flat and on verticle and have no leaks so far.

Yes that's correct, i have the same plastic sight glass, i see on the pics you had the same rope-seal under the plate, the seal is
    actually there to keep the dust, chips en cooling oil/water out from penetrating in to the house, not because of leaking oil,
    now you can comfortable use it and put it aside when not needed, these rotary table, when lubricated,
    will last forever, just have a look at it once in a while and then its good.
    For my table i have only one of the 3 dividing rings, will have to make the 2 others, but first i will refurbish my old
    little industrial mill, i will retrofit it, so in combination with the rotary table i will then have a 5 axis CNC machine.
    Enjoy and have fun !

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.
    See you around again,
    Sincerely Yours, Jack.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

62ec3ce9-65e7-4dfc-99c7-5f2abd731c24.jpgb5e394b5-ea1b-4fcc-8dd0-09a3c61a70d9.jpg. Here is a photo of it put back together & info on the seal that I put under the table it seems to have worked well.

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

62ec3ce9-65e7-4dfc-99c7-5f2abd731c24.jpgb5e394b5-ea1b-4fcc-8dd0-09a3c61a70d9.jpg. Here is a photo of it put back together & info on the seal that I put under the table it seems to have worked well.
    Hi TCMACH3 and all others,

great to see it back together, good to see witch seal it is, i will get some here and put it in to,
    even that the rotary table don't leak under normal conditions.
    I see you have a cross-slotted plate on the rotary table, like me,cause normally the PHVGI has an extra mounting plate
    there to mount a chuck or an vice to it, like on the pic, and the oil level looking glass is different, mine has a hex-bolt-shape,

till later, Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-02-17-0426.jpg   plato6-divisor-manual-zeatz-phvgi-320.jpg   plato7-divisor-manual-zeatz-phvgi-320.jpg