What's new
What's new

Early Hardinge HLV-H Operator's Manual

Jim Caudill

Stainless
I have grown weary of ebay sellers trying to get ridiculous amounts of money from those needing a copy of the Hardinge HLV-H Operator Manual. Even if you purchase a CD from Hardinge, it is not very good quality and applies to the later machines.

What I have done is to take an excellent, original manual, from the early 60's, cut it apart and scanned it. The pdf is superior to anything else I have seen. I spent about 5 hours getting this thing just right. It still does not do the great B&W glossy pictures in the original manual justice though; but it is the best I can do.

I have uploaded it in 3 parts over at the Yahoo user group for Hardinge lathes. You will have to join, but that should not be too great a burden. All 3 parts combine for about 11mb. Yahoo groups limit a file upload to 5mb, so I had to split the manual up.

Here's a link to the user group. Look in the "files" section.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hardinge-Lathe/

If someone wants to host the 11mb pdf, let me know. I will not send this file out to anyone, unless it is for the sole purpose of hosting it.

Last edited:
I put this user's manual in a more friendly PDF format.

You might want to consider uploading this manual to the VintageMachinery.org site. It will then have a permanent (whatever that word means in the Internet age) home:

Hardinge Bros. - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org

This is a manual that is missing from the Hardinge subpage.

Vintage Machinery hosts tens of thousands of pieces of dirty paper for woodworking and metalworking machinery. All are in PDF and freely downloadable at no cost by anyone. Check them out:

VintageMachinery.org | Welcome

Disclaimer: I am a moderator for the dirty paper aspect of the site.

Cheers,

Allegheny

Back