What's new
What's new

Anyone want a pedersen VPU1 VPV1 GERMAN manual?

volzuki

Aluminum
I just got a manual from my teacher at school for my pedersen mill. But I thought I might share it. I really hate having to pay for manuals that are supposed to come with the machine you bought, especially if they are bad copies. So I'm willing to scan these and put them on the board for free. So everyone can enjoy what should be theirs from the start, for free.

But is there any need for this? Because they are in german.

The manuals cover:

Specifications, Setup procedures, Solving backlash, Lubrication, and have complete drawings from every part of the mill. And much more.

I have a couple of versions:

The VPU1 manual, dated from 1954 (this is pedersen's horizontal mill)
The VPV1 manual, dated from 1962 (this is the vertical mill, but without the autofeeds)
The combined manual; VPU1/VPV1 for the pedersen universal mill (really a horizontal mill but with a seperate vertical head) And the pedersen vertical mill, WITH auto feeds.

Would I be breaking any copyrights posting these online?

Dunno about Europe but Pedersen mills are very rare in the USA. I've got some Pedersen sales brochures I picked up at EMO shows and they do look like nice mills. Have you posted this in the manuals forum ? It's not for "wanteds" but this sort of generous offer would be ok for there.

Hi!

I think there would be some happy Danes here, seing this. Being the native country of Pedersen machines, we still have a lot of them here.
Would be nice to have it online..

The company still exist, however in a slightly amputated way. Try asking them if they would mind, you publishing. I couldn't imagine it.

The Pedersen mills was standard on most technical scools here, I have spend some hours with one of these..
I learned my first CNC on a Pedersen, as well.

Link to Pedersen:
http://www.pedersen-maskiner.dk/page_control.asp?menu_nbr=14

Good luck with your machine!

Best regards
Søren

Ok, I sent an mail out to Pedersen. Depending on their response, I will or won't post them here. However, if I don't have a response within a week, I will post them anyway.

It's kind of funny, my schools still uses the old machines to teach us machining today. They only have Pedersens. The oldest machine there, that I used to make a gear on last month, is from 1954. It's a VPU-1 horizontal mill, and still runs like new.

Most other machines are from 1966. And there is one new Pedersen from the '90s.

The only new machines are a bridgeport CNC and a Emco cnc lathe.

Our school is moving sometime next, year. And word is out that they are getting new machines, because they don't want to move the old ones to the new building.

I will of course be first in line to buy them ;)

Too bad they will probably get some chinese import mills, like huvema or something then though.. Budgets for teaching skills are really low these days. They want you to learn more about managing projects and so..

Thanks for the link søren!

pedersen vpu1

hi

you have the user manual for the brands ?

thanks

Attachments

• PEDERSON VPU1.jpg
    PEDERSON VPU1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 4,739
Hello Iwould be interested in the VPV manuals since mine is not complete (at least two figures are missing). Also my Pedersen VPV1 with autofeeds differs a bit from the one in the manual.

Gerard

I too learnt my milling on a Pedersen, it was a horizontal with vertical head and power feeds, it had a universal table and slotting head. It was made with spiral milling but most of the parts,were missing.
I seem to remember that the threads on the studs used to assemble it were imperial with metric hexagon nuts!
I contacted Pedersen direct who sent me an English copy of the manual FOC.
I think the machine was probably quite old as I bought it in the 1960s and it had seen a lot of use then.
I kept,it until about 10 years ago when I sold it to make room for a newer machine.
Peter

I´m trying to rebuild a VPU0. Quite rare! I emailed the factory and the lady there ask me whereabouts in world were I! Probably due to they lack of manual for such museum. Well, if anyone who has any drawing or manual about those machines, even in japanese, I am interested. I bought this machine in working conditions, but without horizontal axles, overarm supports and related tooling. So, I´ll need to either buy or build one from scratch. I´ve been looking in ebays around the world but couldn´t find any part yet. Thus, any draw, manual or blueprint will help my journey.

Cheers all

I would encourage you to upload them to VintageMachinery.org

since it is a host for manuals, the majority are woodworking but a good amount of metalworking machines and Keith Rucker has some great youtube videos on metalworking projects to repair machines.

Should be no worries about copyright, since copyright only lasts for 50 years.

If you don't want to create an account on VintageMacinery.org I'd be glad to upload it there for you.

Cheers,
Alan

Wish I had a spare to help you out, but alas L-0 spindles are not as popular these days, and it's harder to find chucks for them. The backplates are not as common either, and costly to buy. You can often find used backplates to re-purpose on other chucks for a decent price if you keep your eyes open, but new backplates are pretty pricey.

That's the bad news, the good news is the long taper is a very good spindle which can be run in both directions safely.

Good luck, maybe someone will have one sitting around that they're not using.

A new chuck is costly for a good one, but worth the investment.

Hello i just bught a pedersen vpu1 and it need a rebuild i was woundering if you stil had that manuel it would help me a great deal 😁

Nice link Soren!

Thanks. Very good material. Helps me a lot as I am still groaning some bits and pieces to get my mill to work.

By the way, is it possible to buy the arbor supports (VPU) in any second hand shop around Denmark? Do you know any website where I can search for it?

Thanks again.

Cheers

Back