What's new
What's new

Brown & Sharpe No. 2 and 2B Surface Grinder manual.

Galane

Hot Rolled
Here's a project for someone. Raw scans of a Brown & Sharpe No. 2 and 2B surface grinder manual. Needs cropped, cleaned up, changed to greyscale, OCR and editing to make it better suited for printing and to reduce size a lot.

Good enough as-is to be able to read how to use and maintain and maintain / repair the machine. It also covers various accessories.

B&S No. 2 pages-4-6-52 - Download - 4shared - Gregg Eshelman (Better scans of those 3 pages. Foreword is still bad but could is readable enough to type it in.)
B&S No. 2 pages 1-14 - Download - 4shared - Gregg Eshelman
B&S No. 2 pages 15-25 - Download - 4shared - Gregg Eshelman
B&S No. 2 pages 26-40 - Download - 4shared - Gregg Eshelman
B&S No. 2 pages 41-56 - Download - 4shared - Gregg Eshelman

This manual will come in handy

I found a treasure trove of unique machines and machine tools so I put all my own machines on eBay and setting up the new to me machines. One of them is a Brown & Sharpe No 2 Surface Grinder. It looks intact, has the original paint, shows no sign of wear. It has a tag: " Picatinny Arsenal U.S.P. 2401. It has the original 18 1/8" model 618 magnetic chuck. The original motor tag says GE 440 volt 3 phase 1 1/2 HP 1735 full load RPM but it has been replaced with a single phase motor.

The manual I found in this thread is invaluable as I have no experience with these machines and want to make sure I do a proper restoration.

IMG_6517.jpgIMG_6514.jpgIMG_6513.jpg

Hi Shawn, I am also restoring a # 2L and need to replace the rack due to lack of teeth! I know the tooth pitch is DP10 , but do you know the PA (mine is too worn to tell the difference between 14.5 deg and 20 deg by eye)

Back