What's new
What's new

Chandler Duplex Boring Heads - Catalog & Instructions

This link no longer works. It says "This document has been removed from Scribd." Do you know of another location for this manual. I've searched to no avail.

TIA.

This link no longer works. It says "This document has been removed from Scribd." Do you know of another location for this manual. I've searched to no avail.

TIA.

I was searching for a manual for Chandler Head today. Along with your post - I did find a manual posted on "Hobby Machinist" Comes up in Google Search " Chandler Boring Head"

Also, here is a link to the patent -which goes in detail how it works. Easier to understand- when you figure out Googles OCR changed all the "7"s to "1""s in the text.
Patent US2356651 - Machine tool - Google Patents
I know your post is 10 days old - but just in case you were still looking.
Jim

Last edited:
Keith Fenner repairs his in a video called "Whining won't fix it". He disassembles it and makes a new 40 tpi lead screw for it.

Thank you sir for that copy.
I found a Model D, 83 (the 3 overstamped 4), Serial 6101, morse shank, at a local auction.
I'm almost embarrassed for what I got it for, but it was a mostly CNC shop that was closing, so I'm not sure how many folks knew what it was.
It's got a bit of shop patina, mechanically good, but no accessories. At least it still has the clutch pin.
I'm going to do a teardown and restore before I put it to use.

Anything of note about shank interface? I don't want to miss anything when I make a new one.

Back