What's new
What's new

Emco Super 11 - Super 11 CD Parts - Manuals

netcaretaker

Plastic
I have been lurking around for some time and I thought I should share back to the group.

I recently bought an Emco Maximat Super 11 and people I have talked to have said that the Super 11 and the newer Super 11 CD that is still made are pretty much the same machine. I contacted Emco and they sent me the current parts list for the Super 11 CD which I compared to my older lathe the Super 11. The link below has the following files in the share:

Super 11 CD current parts list

Super 11 older machine parts list

Excel spreadsheet that compares the Old vs. New part numbers that show what can still be ordered brand new

Manual for the Emco Maximat Super 11

All documents have had OCR (optical character recognition) run on them so you can search for text.

I hope everyone gets some good use out of these docs.

Netcaretaker

Emco Maier Super 11

I have been lurking around for some time and I thought I should share back to the group.

I recently bought an Emco Maximat Super 11 and people I have talked to have said that the Super 11 and the newer Super 11 CD that is still made are pretty much the same machine. I contacted Emco and they sent me the current parts list for the Super 11 CD which I compared to my older lathe the Super 11. The link below has the following files in the share:

Super 11 CD current parts list

Super 11 older machine parts list

Excel spreadsheet that compares the Old vs. New part numbers that show what can still be ordered brand new

Manual for the Emco Maximat Super 11

All documents have had OCR (optical character recognition) run on them so you can search for text.

I hope everyone gets some good use out of these docs.

Netcaretaker
I was trolling around PM and see that you have had better luck than me contacting EMCO MAIER regarding what is available for parts for the Super 11. Should you have a good point of contact/e-mail - I'd be grateful to get that. My hope - and I do mean HOPE is to find a source for the cross slide and top slide nuts (my kids got ahold of my cherry Super 11) and /or get the factory specs for the screw thread and have a few made specifically for me by a few companies who can - (I have a spare kidney and sell those two kids if they want those too 😏 if they need more $). Let me know what luck you've had. Regards - Ron.

Super 11
FB2

I had heard some bad things about Machinery for Home and Industrial Machine Shops - Blue Ridge Machinery and Tools | Hurricane WV, but I contacted them and they were very helpful. I went through the parts list for the lathe, compared old numbers to new numbers and ordered the following -

Steady rest and traveler rest (about half the price of eBay)
Complete gear set
Halfnut- just in case
Shear pins
Some other stuff I can’t remember off the top of my head.

When my part numbers did not work they cross referenced them for me and got me the parts, even if they were not listed in the catalog. The parts came directly from Austra so shipping was about 6 weeks.

There is one other source I found - it looks like the new Grizzly South Bend Heavy 10 is a china copy of the Emco super 11. I called Grizzly and they will have parts in stock in the spring. Based on the parts list the 2 lathes look almost exactly the same other then the bed itself.

https://cdn0.grizzly.com/partslists/sb1007_pl.pdf

Hope that helps.

<snip>

Netcaretaker, the links are broken. Do you still have these files?

Thanks,
M

Back