What's new
What's new

Hercus Lathe "Text Book of Turning"

Paula, thank you so much for this link, you are a darling. The local school sold 10 Hercus lathes this week, for $300 each. I bought one, had no idea how to work it. I’m a wood worker, this is my first venture into metal. See www.alstin.com.au to see what I make.

I downloaded your file last night, read til very late and had a great day playing with my new (old) toy. I have passed on your pdf file to a few of the other blokes who bought a lathe, they too are greatly thankful to you. It will be immensely helpful.

I joined up here, just so I could say thank you. Best wishes, Andrew Alstin ( Australia)

Hi Andrew,

Congratulations on your recent purchase. I'm glad that the link helped you out -- that's what this forum is about. Hope you enjoy using your "new" tool.

I enjoyed browsing your website, too. That is some truly beautiful work!

Paula

but think you should link it like so.

Sorry, I didn't compose the link, just copied it from another post within the PM forum. It didn't occur to me to wonder who uploaded it.

Adrian owner of metalillness.com hosts these files , so you can reward him by at least joining in and posting on the site .. and bring people into the hosts site ..

Indeed. Looks like he could use a few more moderators over there.

Without trying to get into a peeing contest, are you sure the Metalillness site was the original uploader of the book? I see his post was on 31 March 2005; a quick search found the same book posted on 01 Nov 2004 on Yahoo's 9x20 forum....

Not to put a dampener on it .

but think you should link it like so.

http://www.bbssystem.com/viewtopic.php?t=89

then you see the original uploader... Moi thankless task

and bring people into the hosts site ..

Adrian owner of metalillness.com hosts these files , so you can reward him by at least joining in and posting on the site ..

all the best.mark

original as in ...

i was the one who uploaded it to the metal illness site ...

yup i got it from else where ..

depends on how you read into it ......

think i got it from an american old books site . probably before november 2004..

cant remember it was that long ago .....when adrian opend his site i up loaded it there .

a whole load of stuff was on that site including the army training lathe one .

from here probably

http://digital.lib.msu.edu/collections/index.cfm?

all the best.markj

hercus manual

Hi all; I've used a Hercus AR for about 35 years in my school shop. I bought a Hercus AU last summer for my pre-retirement gift. I have learned a great deal more from this manual about the Hercus and also wish to thank you all who copied this manual and posted it for us to use. Wayne

Back