What's new
What's new

Milltronics Partner 1D Spindle

mb4343

Plastic
Hello there,

I recently acquired a Partner 1D mill that's been written off. Im in the process of reviving it. Ill be doing a mach retrofit. Done a few already on routers. My concern is the spindle of the mill. A bearing sounds dry in it when I run it. Im considering attempting to do the rebuild of the spindle myself because of this article https://highspeedtechnologies.com/blog/ .. I got the machine for $500. rails and screws seem decent but not perfect. Thats why I want to keep the machine on a budget. If anyone has manuals for the 1D so I know what bearings I need or advice in general on repairing the spindle that would be extemetly helpful. I know that a repair shop would do a better job on the spindle then I would. But this is an at home personal cnc. I dont expect the spindle to last 50K hours after rebuilding it myself. I'm simply looking for information/advice if I were to rebuild it myself. Also the mechanical manual for the 1D would help me greatly in other areas as well.

Thanks!

Tech support at Milltronics has been very helpful in any dealings that I have had with them. I would try there.
There does not seem to be much help here at PM in regard to Milltronic made machines.

You could also post at the site that you are not allowed to acknowledge here at PM.
The sites name starts with a C and ends with a Zone. There is a dedicated forum there for Milltronics with some pretty helpful people.
Dave

Back