What's new
What's new

Misal 817 need manual or parts explosion.

Russitano

Plastic
Had trouble with the power feed gearbox and after opening it up I found 4 steel balls in the bottom of the gearbox as well as a broken pin. Cant tell what goes where. Any help would be appreciated

Had trouble with the power feed gearbox and after opening it up I found 4 steel balls in the bottom of the gearbox as well as a broken pin. Cant tell what goes where. Any help would be appreciated

Ahh.. finally another Misal lathe user…
Im also in the hunt for information but have sadly not found any manuals or similar.

I have a Misal 819.

Probably solved by now, but the only ball I noticed when i looked into the gearbox was the ball that is involved with the cluch knob on the carriage… (hmm… i mean the gearbox in the carriage, but maybe you mean the fixed gearbox below the headstock?)

Anyhow… i have some other open questions… that you might answer… (long time since your post, but I hope you’re still around here some where)

1. On some Misal’s there is a gearing table on the left belt cover door. Mine do not have this. I have the gears, but not the table. Any information about this would be nice to find.

2. On my feed bar right bearing assembly, on the right outer side of the main casting, there is a electric switch assembly affected by the feed bar, in my case its broken. I am curious about its function. Any ideas? (My lathe ended up against a wall so i have not made me the trouble of moving it to get access to the electrical cabinet, and following the cabling)

Best regards,
Klas
Sweden

Back