Misal 817 need manual or parts explosion.
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Misal 817 need manual or parts explosion.

Had trouble with the power feed gearbox and after opening it up I found 4 steel balls in the bottom of the gearbox as well as a broken pin. Cant tell what goes where. Any help would be appreciated

Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Russitano View Post
    Had trouble with the power feed gearbox and after opening it up I found 4 steel balls in the bottom of the gearbox as well as a broken pin. Cant tell what goes where. Any help would be appreciated
    Ahh.. finally another Misal lathe user…
    Im also in the hunt for information but have sadly not found any manuals or similar.

I have a Misal 819.

Probably solved by now, but the only ball I noticed when i looked into the gearbox was the ball that is involved with the cluch knob on the carriage… (hmm… i mean the gearbox in the carriage, but maybe you mean the fixed gearbox below the headstock?)

Anyhow… i have some other open questions… that you might answer… (long time since your post, but I hope you’re still around here some where)

1. On some Misal’s there is a gearing table on the left belt cover door. Mine do not have this. I have the gears, but not the table. Any information about this would be nice to find.

2. On my feed bar right bearing assembly, on the right outer side of the main casting, there is a electric switch assembly affected by the feed bar, in my case its broken. I am curious about its function. Any ideas? (My lathe ended up against a wall so i have not made me the trouble of moving it to get access to the electrical cabinet, and following the cabling)

Best regards,
    Klas
    Sweden