What's new
What's new

Mitutoyo DRO Manual - cannot find anywhere

dizzolve

Plastic
Hello all

I recently purchased a used KC-33 Mitutoyo DRO. And as you might expect the manual didn't come with it.

I figured I'd be able to search one up and download a PDF or something but to no avail.

I've even gone to the Mitutoyo website where you can download manuals but when I search the model # it says not found.

Any idea where I can go from here? Thanks in advance

Mitutoyo
Model - KC-33
Code No.- 174-128
Made in Japan

Mitutoyo PL-325L and Mitutoyo 6-pin round connectors and error codes

Hi all,

Rather than pollute the place with another thread, I'll add into this one.

Same scenario. I have an old Mitu PL-325L DRO on my old Lagun FTV2.
It's simple and mostly self explanatory, or was when it worked.

It has decided to quit, and display a D to the left of the display.
It also flashes an error code, for about a half a second, when you shut it off.
"error 10"

I also am trying to educate myself on the cables/connectors.

Anyone know any of the following?

1) Where to find a manual for it - I've searched and searched
2) Why there is suddenly a 'D' in the display
3) What the momentary "Error 10" is on power down
4) What the proper terminology is for the round metal 6 pin connectors are on this DRO
5) Are there ANY displays, even cheap chinesium, that I could if need be, replace it with? Ideally plug and play with or without adapters?

On #4 and 5, I don't even have the nomenclature to search.

Thanks MUCH for any pointers. Between backlash and my lower-than-all-of-you-guys skills, I'm pretty dependent of the DRO.

double that on the DL-325L, I also need to replace the button/blister film on mine. Don't know what options are available to get a one-off printed for resonable moneys.

I've requested technical help from Mitutoyo on the website and within a day they emailed me the manual I needed.
Support for obsolete hardware is appreciated and the goodwill generated is likely to generate some sales for them from my shop at least.

One can (I'm told) use 6-pin scales with modern generic displays but you'll need to find adapters or put new connectors on your scales.
Here's a link to a cable that might work, if you try one I'd be interested to know how it worked out for you.
Encoder Adaptor Cable Suitable for Mitutoyo 6 pin Round Display

As for replacing a dead display with the round 6-pin setup, Ebay is of course a good start, either for complete units or adapters to use with modern Mitutoyo readouts.
They make 6-pin to 15-pin adapters to go both ways:
dro-adapter.jpg

Back