What's new
What's new

Solberga drill press

barryw

Aluminum
I originally posted this in the Deckel forum but I’m getting no responses in there...
58e371ad70ecfee536122a7d6059e24c.jpg

I recently snagged a nice old Solberga gear head drill press at auction and I am looking for any information I can get my hands on.
Does anyone have a manual or similar for this press.
The company in Sweden were not helpful, saying just that it was obsolete and they had no documentation. The distributor in the US was much better and sent me a scan of an old parts list and some drawings.
Anything would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have any info to offer, but we do have a Solberga and it is a great drill press.

I had a guy swing the table around to the backside of the press for some reason and didn't notice the split in the base collar. The rack for the table got stuck on it, so when he forced it over it snapped the cast rack. Luckily I found a replacement from Willis Machinery in Ohio. I'm not sure who the distributor you contacted is, but the folks at Willis were very helpful. The World's Most Affordable and Highest Quality Machine Tools - Willis Machinery

I do not have any info to offer, but we do have a Solberga and it is a great drill press.

I had a guy swing the table around to the backside of the press for some reason and didn't notice the split in the base collar. The rack for the table got stuck on it, so when he forced it over it snapped the cast rack. Luckily I found a replacement from Willis Machinery in Ohio. I'm not sure who the distributor you contacted is, but the folks at Willis were very helpful. The World's Most Affordable and Highest Quality Machine Tools - Willis Machinery

It does seem like a very high quality press especially for its age. It is cleaning up nicely and has the same Morse taper as my lathe tailstock so that is good luck in terms or being able to interchange chucks etc.

Yes, that is who I got the info I have from. But I am more looking for lubricant info and whatever else I can get my hands on.
I’m not sure if I should put grease or gear oil into the gearbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any manuals for our model SE1235, but we've been using the following for the last 5 years with no issues. This is the info the previous owner gave us.

Grease Zerks: Mobil AA

Headstock: DTE 24

Worm Gear: Moly Grease

Back