What's new
What's new

L-W Chuck Co. Dividing Head Charts & Parts

morsetaper2

Diamond
Scans provided by Barry Weeks. The originals are older and somewhat discolored and difficult to read. But better than nothing. I provided the original scans sent to me, and I also photoshopped the originals up to make them easier to read. Of course they are larger filesize.

These hole charts showing divisions:

Hole tables & divisions, original size (290KB)
Hole tables & divisions, 200% enlargement (682 KB)

These are dissassembled views & adjustments:

Parts breakdown & adjustment, original size (252 KB)
Parts breakdown & adjustment, enlarged 150% (420KB)

July 5, 2013

All the files above this post have dead links. However, they are all back online below. Filenames have been changed to make a little more sense of what they are. But the files themselves remain the same. Thanks to the folks mentioned above for their contributions to this collection of L-W stuff. I no longer have this L-W dividing head. But will keep these files up as best I can.

L-W Dividing Head Model SD 6.5" Hole Table as .jpg
L-W 11" Dividing Head Hole Table in PDF

L-W Dividing Head, Model SD 6.5" Instructions as .jpg

L-W Dividing Head, Model AU & BP Instructions as .jpg
L-W Dividing Head, Model AU & BP Repair Parts as .jpg

My Old 6" L-W Dividing Hd Set, Pic 1
My Old 6" L-W Dividing Hd Set, Pic 2

Hi MT2,

It appears the links are broken. I just acquired and L&W and would love to have the instructions, maintenance, parts explode. If you still have this info, could I get a copy?

Thanks
Peter

July 5, 2013

All the files above this post have dead links. However, they are all back online below. Filenames have been changed to make a little more sense of what they are. But the files themselves remain the same. Thanks to the folks mentioned above for their contributions to this collection of L-W stuff. I no longer have this L-W dividing head. But will keep these files up as best I can.

L-W Dividing Head Model SD 6.5" Hole Table as .jpg
L-W 11" Dividing Head Hole Table in PDF

L-W Dividing Head, Model SD 6.5" Instructions as .jpg

L-W Dividing Head, Model AU & BP Instructions as .jpg
L-W Dividing Head, Model AU & BP Repair Parts as .jpg

My Old 6" L-W Dividing Hd Set, Pic 1
My Old 6" L-W Dividing Hd Set, Pic 2

Comcast decided they would no longer offer webspace to their customers. Comcast Assholes.

So all of my uploaded manuals & etc over the last 15 yrs are now dead links. Migrating to google drive for now as the PM audience requests, and as they uncover the dead links of my former uploads.

Note: Credit Barry Weeks. I lost track of where I got all these docs but I remember he provided a lot of this stuff. And I just linked it up.

L-W Dividing Hd 6 Inch Hole Table Card

L-W Dividing Hd 11 inch Hole Table Card

L-W Div Hd AU BP Instructions

L-W AU BP Repair Parts

L-W Model SD Instructions

Comcast decided they would no longer offer webspace to their customers. Comcast Assholes.

So all of my uploaded manuals & etc over the last 15 yrs are now dead links. Migrating to google drive for now as the PM audience requests, and as they uncover the dead links of my former uploads.

Note: Credit Barry Weeks. I lost track of where I got all these docs but I remember he provided a lot of this stuff. And I just linked it up.

[/URL]

Thanks for reposting these. Helped me a great deal also.
Curious as to what type of oil and grease you use in your dividing head?
Thanks
Jim

Do you still have copies of these documents?

In this thread HERE Robert Campbell Jr scanned and then posted the instruction & parts card for the model AU & BP L-W Dividing Head. The images are in photobucket so before they disappear from the 'net I put copies in my webspace to try and assemble L-W documentation inside one thread:

Model AU & BP Instruction card

Model AU & BP Parts-Repair Card

They aren't here...

Do you still have copies of these documents? I could really use them. [email protected]

l-w insides...

Take a look at Post #10

I know this is a VERY old posting - but think it fits here... Does anyone have pictures of the inside of the l-w deviding head? I picked one up and think that they put the large gear on reverse... cannot seem to get the teeth to mesh. moved the large gear from one side to the other and still misses by --> <-- that much... (yes have rotated the cam side on the one end of the worm gear full circle trying to find the sweet spot..).

I know this is a VERY old posting - but think it fits here... Does anyone have pictures of the inside of the l-w deviding head? I picked one up and think that they put the large gear on reverse... cannot seem to get the teeth to mesh. moved the large gear from one side to the other and still misses by --> <-- that much... (yes have rotated the cam side on the one end of the worm gear full circle trying to find the sweet spot..).

There are several topics here on PM regarding L-W dividing heads. The search function should find them for you.

There's also a topic over on hobby-machinist.com showing the disassembly and clean-up of an L-W dividing head: L-W Chuck Co. DIVIDING HEAD DISMANTLE AND CLEAN-UP | Page 2 | The Hobby-Machinist Lots of pics.

Thanks Elwood! That is the smaller one. I am looking for that kind of detail on the larger one. I am usually pretty good at the search - but I am just not using the right words... "L-W dividing head" is usually where I start...

Last edited:
I've got three of the larger L-W dividing heads at the shop. If I can find time next week, I'll take a look at one of them to try to answer your question.

Added: I'm assuming that you've downloaded the L-W instructions referenced above, and checked that your dividing head has all of the correct parts?

Can someone from the outside tell me if the links in post #10 are still working? They open for me on my end.

When I right click, "open link in new tab", it opens fine. But I'm getting requests to "share them". And don't know why?

Last edited:

Back