What's new
What's new

Wto quickflex assembly

brian_f_1

Plastic
Hi was looking for any information on the assembly of these live tooling holders. (Pictures or documents). I have taken apart a 90deg and inline one to order bearings and having a problem getting them back together. Yes i did take pics with my phone but it went for a crap

Hi was looking for any information on the assembly of these live tooling holders. (Pictures or documents). I have taken apart a 90deg and inline one to order bearings and having a problem getting them back together. Yes i did take pics with my phone but it went for a crap

Hi Brian
any luck fixing this,i think the bearing on my holder is gone. ive taken the 5 bolts on top, ive taped it with a soft hammer but its not coming off. have i left any other bolts on?

Very easy to open and rebuild. Open rear cap, use heat gun to heat the nut ( WTO uses Loctite to lock it) , after hit it with a copper hammer to push the spindle out from the housing, towards front. it might come with front bearing might not.

See attached picture.

I know that my drawing skills are amazing but that is exactly what is inside QuickFlex WTO live tool.

What is important here is preload that is created by rear nut, but controlled with 5 spacers and one gear.

I guess, if you just replacing rear bearing and it is exact replacement than no worries at all to assemble it, as it will be preloaded in the same way as it came from WTO. The problem arrives when front one needs to be replaced. Front one would change preload if it is slightly wider or skinnier, and in that case u have to play ( adjust) with two spacers behind rear bearing. Somehow yuo need to see how new front bearing is different from original one and shim or reduce in size on of the spacers.

It is kind of tricky to adjust but keep one thing in mind. Once you assemble everything and locked rear nut, you shouldn't feel any mechanical resistance while rotating the spindle as it would be an indication that preload is way too big.

Be careful not to damage front seal ( it is black in colour on the drawing and it sits inside front cover).

Also, spindle through coolant live tools have one more seal inside rear cap.
U can buy front bearing, rear bearing, rear spindle through coolant seal but not front one, which is custom made by WTO.

Attachments

• 20220808_130211.jpg
    20220808_130211.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Back