What's new
What's new

Lathe Identification

ZZmachine

Plastic
Hello all, long time reader first post. I picked up this Enco lathe last week. I can't seem to find a model # anywhere. It does have the manufacture date from 1988. There are also 2 sets of 3 digit #'s on the bed rails towards the tailstock end. "353" on one rail, and "295" on the other. That's about it for #'s and identifacation. It does say Enco on a small plate. I have the gear change plate but it is wore and very hard to read. As the pics following show the main carriage crank is on the right side of the carriage as opposed to being on the left side. Also the threading lead pick-up/dial is missing and it bolts on the left side of the carriage as opposed to the usual right side. Any help here would be great. I've looked at 100's of pics on the web but only one came close but I think they had the wrong (much bigger)lathe posted. Thanks in advance... check out the pics...555_10.jpg 555_16.jpg 555_13.jpg555_14.jpg555_15.jpg

After a bit more web searching I found a pic of a lathe close to mine. It has a name plate saying "SK-16A". It may have been made in Shen-Yang China. Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about this lathe, but as for the thread dial My dad 3D printed one from plastic for me that has been working well for a year now with hundreds of hours of use. Somebody had robbed it off of my lathe before I bought it at auction. from my research the dial gear should be four times as many teeth as the lead screw pitch, everything after that is basic calculations to get the diameter and such. Good luck with the lathe.

Back