What's new
What's new

Need some help from the Practical Machinist Community

Zach201

Plastic
Hello,
Long time listener, first time caller to Practical Machinist. I started up a small shop in my garage this year. After securing a job to put them to work, I bought some used equipment, got it all set up and running. My problem is my lathe. All the information for lever positions for different feeds and threading is worn away. I have not had any luck finding anything on the interweb. While I have found several pictures, the resolution is not good enough on any of them for me to be able to copy down the information. If anyone has a hi-res picture of this headstock, or can direct me to where I can find this information, I would greatly appreciate it. The machine is a Lagun American Turnmaster 13x40. I am including a picture of my lathe, plus one of the pictures I found online that I cannot retrieve information from. Thanks.
Lagun 13x40.jpg20200109111232114_L.jpg

welcome. I can't help, but just to let you know, you would get better results if you posted something more specific in your title. something like "Lagun 13x40 thread + speed charts needed"

Hello,
Long time listener, first time caller to Practical Machinist. I started up a small shop in my garage this year. After securing a job to put them to work, I bought some used equipment, got it all set up and running. My problem is my lathe. All the information for lever positions for different feeds and threading is worn away. I have not had any luck finding anything on the interweb. While I have found several pictures, the resolution is not good enough on any of them for me to be able to copy down the information. If anyone has a hi-res picture of this headstock, or can direct me to where I can find this information, I would greatly appreciate it. The machine is a Lagun American Turnmaster 13x40. I am including a picture of my lathe, plus one of the pictures I found online that I cannot retrieve information from. Thanks.
View attachment 282300View attachment 282301

Contact Republic-Lagun.

As they say:

"With more than three million replacement parts and accessories in stock..."

They pride themselves on solid support for the products they sell and HAVE sold.

About Us - Lagun

That appears to be a Colchester Master 2500 clone. Right down to the "quick-fade" data plate.

There are decent pictures of the Colchester Master 2500 and Triumph 2000 (same except for speeds) out on the internet. Pending better information, whether direct from Lagun or a user, hunt down one of those and verify a couple of the screw cutting settings. I see no reason why they should be different from the original.

All the small levers will behave the same as on the Colchester.

Clive

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm new to the forum, I will use better titles in the future. Also, my thanks and response have been delayed because I expected to get an email or something letting me know someone had replied to my post. Thanks again.

I have the 22x120 version of that lathe. I can take some pictures of the plates for you tomorrow. But if you can get a replacement plate from the manufacturer, that is going to be the best option

That must be the longest span between today and tomorrow that I've ever seen. What planet are you from, Sprue?! :D

@Zach201 a dataplate from another lathe may not do you any good. The different sizes in a range of lathes generally have different max/min feed range, so unless it matches exactly it won't help you a bit. Can you read any of the data on your machine's plate at all? I have a 14x40 version of the same lathe; if your machine has the same range of feeds and threads, it might be suitable. Here is the plate from my machine:

20191009_173535.jpg

Last edited:

Back